“Clean and polite management” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Estes Village Inn

You added Estes Village Inn to your Saves list
Estes Village Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1040 Big Thompson Avenue, Estes Park, CO 80517 (Formerly Super 8 Estes Park)   |
Ranked #28 of 30 Hotels in Estes Park
“Clean and polite management”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I am surprised by these reviews. I had a workshop for a week in Estes Park with a friend and we stayed there the entire week. The room was cleaned and fresh daily. The beds were comfortable and the refrigerator was great to have so we didn't have to eat out for every meal. Great place to stay!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Lincoln
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

Staff very friendly and pool was clean - but the room really need updating. Had a king bed, but kept rolling to middle as mattress really needs replaced. But for $79 in Estes, the price was okay.

Bonners Ferry, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

my mom and I stayed at the Super 8 for 4 nights while visiting the area. I looked the room over before I even commited to staying. It wasnt THAT bad! Yes, it is an older building. Yes, it does need some TLC..BUT.. The sheets were nice crisp and clean, The bathroom was clean.great towels. Nice lil balcony with a view. Room had a lil fridge..loved that. AC worked good. LOVED the pool, it was clean w/ chairs around it to lounge. Not great for kids. Went from 4 ft deep to 8 or 10 ft.. The staff isnt annoying, they respect your privacy but if you need something ask & you shall recieve. breakfast was bagels(cream chs,jellys) muffins, 2 diff juices, cereal & milk. Ok there were a couple negitives...the carpet in the room could have been cleaner.wouldnt want a baby crawlin around on it. Cheap slide glass doors trapped dirt between panes

Room Tip: always ask to take a tour of a couple rooms before you commit.
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I go to Estes every year. The Super 8 is terrible, I know. However several years back, 5 I believe they had a girl working there that tried and tried and worked her fanny off to make that plae nice. I'm sure they didnt give her alot to work with, and no praise at all. At least she was polite, she was always willing to help me when I needed it, she worked from dusk until dawn, and she did have it in good shape. I guess that they dont want someone who cares, and tried to clean the place up. It was nice then, I stayed there several times. You couldnt get me to stay there now. I wish she was back there, \cuz she was really nice and I enjoyed her hospitality. If I knew where she was working now, I'd definitely start going there. Silly people that run that dump dont know how good of an employee they had. I'm sure they didnt want her there because she showed them up. At least she cared. No one there before or since has. Too bad.

Room Tip: The walkway rooms have a great view of the divide.
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Milwaukee, WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

The owners / people who run the hotel do not know what they're doing. By the time we went to check in, we got blank stares from the person behind the desk and were told that someone already checked in under our reservation. Apparently, they let a complete stranger check into our room when we had already paid for it. The owner even sent his young'ish daughter, by herself, to find this strange guy who checked into our room...not smart in my opinion.

Long story short, we got screwed out of a room and had to stand there and watch to make sure they reversed the charge for the room. We made sure to keep all receipts, etc. to prove it. We also had to put a 'flag' on our credit card now too...who knows what other information the 'manager' at the hotel gave this stranger while allowing them to check into a room that someone else had paid for.

Perhaps this was all a blessing though. From the little my wife and I saw of the hotel, it did not look like a place we would have enjoyed staying...it seemed very filthy.

Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

This property misrepresents itself. Hot tub? COLD!! Pool? Cold, small and very dangerous for children under 12. Breakfast was pathetic. Overpriced for a place that needs an entire rehab. When we entered our room, the windows were open, no screens on the bathroom windows and the TV was on. The only good thing I have to say is that we didn't encounter bedbugs. My 9 year old granddaughter even commented about how gross the room was. It seemed to us that the owners know they will sell out because of being located in Estes Park. Bad form and bad attitude.

El Paso, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

It's unkempt (drapes falling down) and dirty and cold (no problem - they'll grudingly bring you an old space heater). Everyone we met on staff was confusingly unfriendly. This hotel makes me think of what a hotel must have been like in communist China in 1950. It has no redeeming qualities.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Estes Village Inn? Share your experiences!