“All the comforts and convenience of home, that's Comfort Inn!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 29 hotels in Estes Park
CINCINNATI
“All the comforts and convenience of home, that's Comfort Inn!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2009

The rooms were spacious and immaculate. The desk clerks were friendly, knowledgeable, and friendly. The Inn's location is out of the hubbub of "downtown" Estes, yet close enough to get to town easily. Breakfasts were tasty and had a good variety of choices. One night the Inn even provided cookies for the guests ... nice touch.
I just wish they allowed pets, so we could use Choice Hotels when we travel with the pet "family" members. Also it would be nice if the hotel had a computer or two for guests without laptops to use.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
ComfortInnEstes, GM at Comfort Inn Estes Park, responded to this review, April 21, 2009
Thank you for the comment minidoxies. We try our best to make our guests' stay feel as much like home as possible. We take pride in our rooms' condition and feel that we can better maintain our high standards by not allowing pets.

I am also glad that you enjoyed the cookies we provided. We are currently trying new ways to make guests' experience more comfortable and I think cookies are nice.

Finally, we too feel that a guest computer is needed in our office and are currently looking for one. Hopefully when you come back it will be waiting for you. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

621 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Carmichael, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2009

Right next to a golf course with roaming Elk and Estes Lake, a bird sanctuary. Beautiful views. One of the best Comfort Inns (or any Inn for that matter) we have stayed at. Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
ComfortInnEstes, GM at Comfort Inn Estes Park, responded to this review, April 17, 2009
Thank you for the comment. I am very glad that you enjoyed our hotel. We do all we can to ensure that we are offering quality rooms at a great value.

The elk like us too. This time of year they tend to enjoy the meadow on our property and our neighbors' bird feeders!
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2009

It served it's purpose as a hotel. It was clean and the rooms were a decent size. It had all the basic amenities, as well as 2 king size beds and a pretty large color television.

The main reason why this hotel is fantastic is because of the views and the people. The views here are outstanding, so much wildlife and mountains. In addition, the people are so very sweet. The people behind the desk gave us directions and even spent fifteen minutes of her own time recommending places to go. All in all, it was a very nice stay. I recommend going here!

• Liked — the views
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2008

I would say it's "above average" considering it's a Comfort Inn and I wasn't expecting a whole lot.

Clean, comfortable beds, nice TV, and a basic continental breakfast. A short drive to "downtown" Estes Park, I suppose you could walk it if you wanted to but it's not a short walk. Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park is about a 15 minute drive.

Also, some of the rooms are not in the main building but in the 2-3 "outbuildings" around the property.

My room had a small balcony but it didn't have much of a view.

Also, the staff was very friendly. All in all, a decent place at a good price. (I paid about $99 per night for a 2-Queen room for Columbus Day weekend)

• Stayed October 2008
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2008

Stayed one night at the Comfort Inn at Estes Park in a room with a King bed and fireplace with a Mountain View. Cost was 150.00 for the night which was a bit high.

The rooms look like they have been recently renovated. The bed was comfortable and there was a nice fireplace and flat screen TV. There was a large balcony off the room as well.

I managed to see some Elk running across the property from the balcony of the room in the morning. There were alot of Elk all over Estes Park while we visited for the day.

They had a good breakfast in the morning as well.

The bathroom in the room could be updated. It was clean but not up to par with the rest of the room. We could hear the water running in the adjacent room in the morning which woke us up.

I would recommend staying here however I felt the price to be a bit high.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
La Grange, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2008

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Estes Park for 5 nights on 9/14/08 while visiting Rocky Mtn. NP. We paid $115+tax per night. We were absolutely delighted with our stay there and highly recommend it to others.

Amenities: Like-new spacious room with much nicer-than-average furnishing and very pleasing décor. Microwave, mini-fridge, balcony with beautiful view of the mountains, hair dryer, iron and ironing board. Continental breakfast included toast, bagels, muffins, donuts, hard boiled eggs, make-your-own waffles, cereal, coffee, juice, milk and tea.

What we liked: Spotlessly clean. Great quality for the price. Very nice breakfast. Beautiful spacious room. Comfortable mattress and pillows. Very quiet at all times. Very friendly and polite employees. Very professional and efficient check-in/out.

What we didn’t like: The shower flow was light, and sometimes changed temperatures from minute-to-minute (however, the shower head was very nice and made up for this a bit).

Would we stay there again? Absolutely! This hotel was every bit as nice as much-more expensive hotels, and we enjoyed our stay very much. We couldn’t have made a better pick!

• Liked — Very high quality, very clean and comfortable room
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Southwest US
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2008

I have mixed emotions about the Comfort Inn, Estes Park. I stayed there because I wanted a room with an air conditioner, not so much for heat control, but allergy concerns. And the price for a queen room was not bad at $89 a night (higher around Labor Day). I was concerned about that since I was staying for 9 nights.

I am surprised that other reviewers did not point out some of the things I am pointing out. It makes me wonder if these things were only in my room. (Or perhaps, I have much higher standards than other people?)

My room was in one of the out buildings (the ones that are described as “away from street, mountain view) on the website when you make your reservation), so there was not an interior corridor. These buildings, as others have said, do not look the best from the outside. And inside, it is easy to see that the doors are old. I had a queen room and I had seen a picture of it on the website and I think the picture fairly well represented the room (but I do note that the bathroom and sink are not pictured.) Inside everything was nice and clean except for two things (detailed later). The room was very small, but for the most part adequate and worked out well for just one person.

The sink was outside the bathroom and was very tiny. It was between the front door and the bathroom door and if you stood at the sink, you either had to have the bathroom door closed or open all the way. The tiny size of the sink was made even worse by the fact that the ice bucket and tray with plastic cups was located on the sink counter. I put that elsewhere so I could have some room for my stuff. I also put some of my stuff on the floor under the sink (not in a cabinet.) When you stood at the sink, you could not stand straight because the hair dryer on the wall was in the way. If someone wanted to go in or out of the room by the front door, the person standing by the sink would have to step out of the way. I often walked by some of the interior rooms in another part of the hotel to get ice and often housekeeping had the doors open cleaning the rooms. I could see that at least some of the rooms had nice long bathroom counters. So if this is a concern, you might want to consider paying more for your room and getting one of those rooms.

I was really surprised that mold or mildew was around the window in the bathroom and on part of the tub/shower stall, considering how clean everything else was. It seemed that the problem was not so bad but what it would be easy to remove the mold/mildew. But I am sure that was not on the list for housekeeping to do and even if it were, I am sure no one ever checked the job housekeeping did. The mold/mildew was there when I arrived and it was still there when I left.

The commode in the bathroom was not straight up against the wall, so it did not sit straight. A plunger sat next to the commode and I remembered that someone once told me that if there is a plunger next to a commode in a hotel, you had better be prepared to use it. Sure enough I had to use it several times.

When I took a shower, the temperature of the water went from hot to cold and back again. I generally like warm showers, but I got a mixture here. And I usually took showers when other people would not be taking them and in this case, when I knew other people were not in the building.

Not all areas of the room had been dusted, vacuumed recently. Top shelves of the armoire and shelves of the credenza were very dusty. Something I had placed on the top of the night stand fell behind it and when I pulled the nightstand out to retrieve it, I noticed that the carpet all around the nightstand was very dirty and dusty.

One night about 3 am I woke up hearing a noise. I got up to investigate and found that the sliding glass doors at the back of the room going out to the balcony, did not fit tightly and the wind was howling through the doors. This went on for about 24 hours. Fortunately, I was not in the room for a lot of that time. But I was really glad that it was not winter and that I was not having to listen cold wind howl.

My room was fairly quiet. I didn’t hear anything from the rooms on either side of me except when the front doors were closed. But for some reason, every time some one came in or left from the room below me, there was a significant amount of noise for several minutes. (And during my 9 night stay, there were several different people staying in that room.)

The front desk staff were very nice, but one gentleman did not appear to be familiar with everything. I asked him for directions for walking to Lake Estes. While he was giving them to me, another staff member walked up and told him that I could go another way that was shorter. Another time I asked the same gentleman about menus for restaurants in town. He told me that did not have any. Later, I found a basket of menus from restaurants in town a few inches from the front desk.

I ate in the breakfast area several times and was pleased with the food, the area and the staff who seemed to be constantly checking to see if they needed to replenish anything. Every morning except for one there was plenty of space for everyone at the tables. The one morning I had to sit in a lounge chair and use the end of a coffee table, another guest invited me to sit with her and her husband at their table. I was not the only guest using the coffee table. I thanked her but told her that I was almost finished.

I did have a very nice view of the mountains from my room. And I do want to say that the convenience fridge in my room is one of the larger convenience fridges I have ever had in a motel room. I really valued that since I had a gallon of water in it as well as things for snacks, etc. to take with me on hikes.

Some readers may wonder why I did not bring any or all of this to the attention of management. I usually do not do that unless it is something I cannot live with. The way I look at it, why should I have to pay to stay in the room and tell management what all is wrong with it? If I am truly their valued guest, they will have checked the room before I arrive and fix anything that needs to be fixed.

Sometimes it was hard to make left turn from the Comfort Inn driveway because of all the traffic. But I know that that can be said for a lot of hotels, etc. in Estes Park. But making a left turn here could be particularly frustrating because there is a hill on both the right and left and sometimes you could not really see if anything was coming until a car was right on you.

Even though I did find several things about the Comfort Inn to point out, I would consider staying here again. I know that there are not that many hotels in Estes Park with air conditioning. And I know that the things I wrote about could be at any hotel and that things could have been a lot worse. Should I stay here again, I might try to stay in one of the rooms of the main building since I thought they appeared to be nicer. In making my decision to stay here again, I would consider staying somewhere else too.

• Liked — It had air conditioning and was mostly clean. The price was nice for Estes Park.
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Comfort Inn Estes Park? Share your experiences!