“This is THE place to stay in Estes Park!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Murphy's Resort at Estes Park

You added Murphy's Resort at Estes Park to your Saves list
Murphy's Resort at Estes Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1650 Big Thompson Avenue, Estes Park, CO 80517-1466 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Call Hotel:
Special Offer
$99.00 plus Sip & Paint
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Estes Park
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fort Collins, Colorado
“This is THE place to stay in Estes Park!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

My wife and I were very excited for the opportunity to visit Estes Park after the highway had been re-opened. The day after Thanksgiving seemed like the perfect time as the town of Estes Park was hosting their annual "Catch the Glow" parade. A friend strongly recommended that we check out Murphy's Resort, so we booked a room. When we checked in, I immediately got the feeling that we would be treated like family. The staff had been expecting us and offered that we inform them if there was anything they could do to make our stay more comfortable and enjoyable. The manager reminded me of their continental breakfast served in the morning, which I might add that I took full advantage of. The room was very cozy and we were surrounded by breathtaking views of Lake Estes and Rocky Mountain National Park. As we were preparing to leave the next morning, I asked for some advice on some local hiking trails. The manager immediately pulled out a map and went above and beyond to help us find the perfect hike! If you ever plan to visit Estes Park, Muphy's Resort should be a part of your experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Murphysmrlandmr, General Manager at Murphy's Resort at Estes Park, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you! We are very happy you enjoyed your stay. I do hope you will return. good luck with the little one on when he/she arrives. I hope you have a very nice Christmas! Look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I booked a room for three nights at Murphy's Resort. After the first night I developed altitude sickness. The staff made me an appointment with an oxygen bar to see if the oxygen therapy would take care of the altitude sickness. It only worked for a short time. As the hours passed I wasn't getting any better and I knew I would have to go to a lower elevation to correct the problem. I was somewhat concerned because I was traveling alone and if I became much worse then driving down the mountain could become a problem. The next closest town at a lower elevation was 15 of 20 miles away. The manager was concerned about my condition and not only offered to book me a room in the other town but volunteered to drive me down the mountain! I was able to make it on my own. I stayed at a lower elevation for two days. Then I called Murphy's to see if my other two days were still available. This would have been the Friday and Saturday nights of the Scottish Irish Highlands Festival which is a big event in Estes Park. They let me have my room for those two days at the same rate as I was paying earlier in the week. They could have easily rented the rooms for a higher rate to someone else but didn't.

The motel was recently renovated with new beds, furniture, bathrooms, etc. Complete interior makeover.

This is the kind of service and concern that is difficult to come by in any business and especially the hotel business. The staff at Murphy's WILL go beyond what is expected to take care of their guests. The next time I am in Estes Park I will definitely stay at Murphy's Resort. I highly recommend them.

Room Tip: My room was over looking the lake where the Scottish Irish Highland Festival was being held.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Murphysmrlandmr, General Manager at Murphy's Resort at Estes Park, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
John, so great to hear from you! I do hope all is well and it was the altitude? We were really concerned. If you ever do return to visit Estes Park we would love to have you! Thank you for staying with us.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My boyfriend (now fiancé!) and I stayed here the weekend we got engaged in Estes Park. The secret stay was a part of his proposal plan - so after he popped the question, he told me we were checking into a new resort down the road instead of staying another night in the motel we had been at. I couldn't have been more excited! The resort staff was so sweet and accommodating. Our room was wonderful - clean, well kept, and huge! We had our own spa tub, king-sized bed, full sized kitchen, and fireplace! Although we were only there for a night and didn't really use all the amenities - this type of resort would be perfect for a small family or couple staying for a few days or more. It's centrally located to all the fun things that Estes provides. There was a nice patio to use if the weather was nice - and there was a playground and public area if you had a bigger group. This place would be perfect for a family reunion. All in all, I would recommend this place to anyone - whether you're staying 1 night or a week. We'll definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Murphysmrlandmr, General Manager at Murphy's Resort at Estes Park, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Congratulations! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay! Your absolutely right it would be a great place for a family reunion, large or small! We hope perhaps on your 1 year anniversary you consider returning. Thank you so much for staying with us, see you soon!
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed at Murphy's during the floods in September. We also had trouble with our hire car which had to be replaced whilst at Murphy's . The staff were incredibly helpful,very patient, generous with their time and unfailingly polite during what must have been a very difficult time for them. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff worked hard to make sure that rooms were not flooded. Advice was given freely, the wifi worked during the whole time we were there( I understand that this was a real problem elsewhere) and staff were happy to phone the our car rental company as our cell phone was not working. The location is good and the scenery promised to be stunning. We shall definitely be making a return trip ( from England)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Murphysmrlandmr, General Manager at Murphy's Resort at Estes Park, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
We appreciate your kind words. It was very nice meeting you both.
Improvements have been ongoing and it is wonderful to see the changes such as 36 is now open and very easy to travel. Car issues are never fun, I hope despite that you still enjoyed your time in Estes Park. We do hope you will have the chance to visit again.
Loveland, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Really enjoyed the Resort and all the wonderful mountain views, Lake Estes location and the great staff that Bruce, Loretta, Melissa, Jessica and Co. provided. Have stayed at the sister property, Murphy's River Lodge, which we also enjoyed downtown so it was nice to enjoy their new Resort location as well. Two fine eating establishments next door (Resort provided discount coupons also) a liquor store and quick access to downtown was appreciated. All new bedding, fridge, microwave, flatscreen TV's, workout room and WIFI made this an awesome choice of comfort and convenience for all of us. Thanks for making our stay so great. We will definitely be back and also refer our friends. Thanks!!

Room Tip: The South Side rooms look directly out on Lake Estes. Their was also a herd of Elk (one set of twin...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Murphysmrlandmr, General Manager at Murphy's Resort at Estes Park, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
We are so happy you enjoyed your visit! Thank you for your compliments, we appreciate it very much. Our house keepers our fabulous! Please come see us again soon!
Ipswich, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Murphy's Resort in September this year for three nights just after the Colorado floods. The room was beautifully clean, extremely comfortable beds and very friendly and helpful staff. The location is great with only a short drive to the Rocky Mountain National Park and plenty of restaurants and shops nearby. If you are lucky as we were, a herd of elk took up residence in the grounds for a short while. Would thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
MurphysHotels, Owner at Murphy's Resort at Estes Park, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
We love it when we hear our rooms are extra clean and comfortable.
Estes Park is amazing and we are lucky our location is close to town
and that our views are spectacular. Many love seeing the elk and
the elk always seem to mosey through and around our property.
The elk love Murphy's Resort too!
Bardstown, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We were so lucky to stay at Murphy's resort during the flood in September. Hardly anyone had cell phone service or Internet in all of Estes Park. The wifi was working here and the staff let us use their phone that was based on that. They went out of their way to help us communicate with the family and friends trying to get to Estes Park for our daughter's wedding. Jessica (who works at the resort) volunteered to do my daughters nails in addition to doing her normal jobs and relaying messages to our daughter from us and others trying to make it to Estes Park. Loretta and Annette are so wonderful and went so above and beyond that we thought they owned the resort instead of just running it. Loretta even volunteered to do the brides hair if a hair dresser was not available. They sent out social media inquiries looking for a wedding dress for my daughter since hers was stuck in Longmont, which was inaccessible due to flooding. Bruce, who works there, was also a comfort and help to us. Aside from the awesome staff, The beds were so comfortable And the layout of the rooms was perfect...there were suites that had a bed in one room and a separate room with another bed... Perfect for our big group with extended family members. We loved the decor also...especially the
Marilyn Monroe suite that had big beautiful pictures of her. the complimentary continental breakfast was great too! We hope to return soon to Estes Park and will always stay here!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Murphy's Resort at Estes Park? Share your experiences!