My wife and I stayed 2 nights, Friday and Saturday nights after Thanksgiving this year. The town lights up and Friday night we witnessed the annual Christmas Parade of Lights. The town was bustling and the shopping and dining in town was great. The Lodge is clean, comfortable and in walking distance to downtown. That was the main reason we chose Murphy's was for its closeness to down town, about a 4 minute walk. We stayed in an upstairs unit with King bed and fireplace and a nice view. The room was large and comfortable. Check in was painless as the front desk person was very nice. If we don't stay in a cabin in the woods next visit to Estes Park, we will definitely stay at Murphy's. Did I mention location?!! If you plan on doing time in town, Murphy's is a must. Once there, we never drove our car again except for dinner at The Twin Owl Restaurant which we highly recommend as well. Great dining experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Murphy's River Lodge is located 2 blocks from downtown Estes Park and backs to the Fall River. Murphy's was remodeled in 2011 and has a reputation of having the friendliest staff in town. Your stay at Murphy's comes with free wifi,free breakfast,indoor heated pool and hot tub,20 River front rooms ,6 pet friendly rooms and several value rooms for our friends on a tighter budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Murphy's River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Murphy`s River Hotel Estes Park
- American Wilderness Hotel
- American Wilderness Lodge