“Wonderful place” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Boulder
“Wonderful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This place is great! Walking distance to downtown Estes. My boyfriend and I loved the room. Stayed in room 210. It was perfect- Fireplace, sofa, private balcony, comfy bed. Loved it! Staff is really friendly, you can tell they will go far out of the way to accommodate you!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Murphysmrlandmr, Manager at Murphy's River Lodge, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Suzanne,
Thank you for the review! You picked a great room to stay in. 210 is different from all our other rooms. With it being tucked in the corner of our property and having a balcony over the river. This is our only room that is not a condo that we have a fireplace in. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to you returning again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Stayed here last May for about 4 days. Had a condo unit and it was fantastic. The elk came right up to the deck and were superb. Great accommodations, the hot tub was glorious and the continental breakfast was adequate.

Room Tip: Downstairs, first condo across from office, river right behind.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Carolyn,
Thank you for your Review! Our King River Condos are very popular and a great room to sit out on the deck and see the Elk. We hope you come back and visit us again soon!
Arvada, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My wife and I spent our honeymoon their. We chose the garden tub room at Murphy's River Lodge. The room was so clean and the staff was friendly and thoroughly helpful. We had a private deck right on Fall River. We were a little concerned with staying in Estes Park after all the flooding but the lodge and town did a EXCELLENT JOB on cleaning up.

We will be back!!!

We would HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone visiting Estes Park!!

Don,
Thank you for your review! Congratulation on your wedding! Your choice in room was perfect for your stay. Our garden tub room is a very romantic room and is tucked away in the corner of our property. We are hoping you will spend your anniversaries with us. I agree, the town did an excellent job in cleaning up after the flood. We hope to see you again soon!
Estes Park, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I am a local here in Estes and decided to take my boyfriend out to do something different for his birthday. We chose the garden tub room at Murphy's River Lodge to get out of the house and had a blast! The room was so clean and the staff was friendly and thoroughly helpful. There is a huge wall of movies you can borrow for free, as all rooms have a DVD player. We had a private deck right on Fall River. I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Estes Park. Having never stayed at any other places since we are local, I chose this place because it was walking distance into town and could walk to all the town shops and bars. I wish I had known about this place earlier so I could recommend it to visiting family and friends!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! I think it is great when people from the area stay with us! The garden tub room is one of my favorite rooms. It is a very romantic room with the personal garden tub for two. I hope your boyfriend enjoyed his Birthday and we hope you stay with us again soon!
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I booked 2 rooms at Murphy's after reading other reviews.
I'm really good at searching for the best places when planning a vacation but guilty in that I never leave reviews - this is my first one.
We were a little concerned with staying in Estes Park after all the flooding but the hotel assured us all was OK at Murphy's - which was correct. We couldn't drive in the most direct way from Denver Airport but Annette emailed us alternate directions.
Our stay was lovely. The front desk welcome was great and the fact that they are Packers fans made my hubby happy :)
We didn't have time to use the pool or hot tub but it looked most welcoming.
The beds and sheets were very comfortable and the rooms were spotless.
It shows they take pride in their establishment.
If we ever go back we'll stay there for sure!
Thanks for a great stay. Don't forget to get your photo taken in the BIG chair.

Room Tip: We stayed in a second floor river view room which was a real treat - the next morning we had the ple...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review! We are honored to be your very first review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that I could help give you directions to Estes Park with most roads under construction. you made a great choice to stay in one of our river rooms and had a chance to see the elk by the river. We look forward to you returning and staying with us again soon. GO PACK GO!
Coconut Creek, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed in the suite with the fireplace on the river and it was romantic as well as spacious. Staff was very friendly and eager to make sure your stay is comfy a great place to stay for couples and or family. Loved it

Room Tip: I think k we were in room 205, it's on the end more private
Jeanie and Tom,
Thank you for your review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Our rooms with fireplaces are very popular this time of year. We hope you come back and stay with us again soon.
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Murphy's River Lodge was a fantastic romantic getaway for the Wife & I. Estes Park offers endless activities, and this lodge is in a very convenient location. Staff was great as well, very helpful and kind!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Murphysmrlandmr, Manager at Murphy's River Lodge, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Kyle,
Thank you for your review! I am glad you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us and the activities and wonderful sites Estes Park has to offer. We look forward to you coming back and staying with us again soon!

Been to Murphy's River Lodge? Share your experiences!