We planned to go to Estes Park from Colorado Springs, then the Fed Gov't shutdown caused us to change our plans, then the Governor Of Colorado paid to reopen Rocky Mtn Natl Park so we changed plans again and decided to go to Estes Park. We pulled into town without reservations and made a sweep thru town and looked at possible accommodations and settled on Murphy's River Lodge. We were drawn by the rustic charm and it was obviously a well kept property. We weren't disappointed - the staff was friendly, helpful and certainly appreciative of our business. The whole area has been just about devastated this summer and fall between the disastrous flood in August and the government shutdown in October. We loved our room. We had a single queen room that was almost large enough to qualify as a mini-suite. Just outside our door we had a beautiful view of the mountains and we could hear the nearby stream - the setting couldn't have been better. The room was immaculate, several pillows, very clean - they obviously pay a lot of attention to details.
Although we didn't use it, the pool area was very clean and well maintained. They provide a nice continental breakfast that normally runs from 7:00 to 10:00 but while we were there they were opening at 5:30 because they had several disaster relief workers staying there that got going early. We stayed two nights and would have stayed more but weren't able to get to Granby as the didn't get Trail Ridge open so kind got "shopped out in Estes Park and decided to head for home - but we will return! We loved Estes Park, we loved what we saw of Rocky Mountain National Park and we WILL return to Murphy's River Lodge again.
If you're traveling to Colorado, make the extra effort and go to Estes Park, the scenery is spectacular, the merchants desperately need your support and if you need a place to stay check out Murphy's River Landing, you won't be disappointed.
- Also Known As:
- Murphy`s River Hotel
- Murphy`s River Hotel Estes Park
- American Wilderness Hotel
- American Wilderness Lodge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Murphy's River Lodge is located 2 blocks from downtown Estes Park and backs to the Fall River. Murphy's was remodeled in 2011 and has a reputation of having the friendliest staff in town. Your stay at Murphy's comes with free wifi,free breakfast,indoor heated pool and hot tub,20 River front rooms ,6 pet friendly rooms and several value rooms for our friends on a tighter budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com and Fareportal so you can book your Murphy's River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.