Staying at Murphy's Lodge was a great getaway before Thanksgiving. My only regret is I wish I could have stayed longer. The staff is extremely friendly and do their job very well. I'd have to say I was most impressed with how clean Murphy's Lodge is. I've traveled and stayed in many hotels, motels, lodges, etc., but Murphy's Lodge ranks the cleanest I have ever stayed in. I always expect a little grime here or there (e.g., a little algae in the corners of the shower or some dirt under the couch cushions), but this place was absolutely spotless.
I was also impressed with the how the staff was very accommodating to kids. They have board games and DVDs available in the spacious dinning area, which was full of windows and very welcoming. Although we did not use it, I noticed the pool and hot-tub area were very clean. In fact, my wife noticed the staff cleaning the pool area often throughout the day.
I rank Murphy's Lodge the best place to stay in Estes Park. It is only a walk to downtown or a very short drive to parking. Murphy's Lodge is very accommodating to kids and we are already planning a trip to stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Murphy's River Lodge is located 2 blocks from downtown Estes Park and backs to the Fall River. Murphy's was remodeled in 2011 and has a reputation of having the friendliest staff in town. Your stay at Murphy's comes with free wifi,free breakfast,indoor heated pool and hot tub,20 River front rooms ,6 pet friendly rooms and several value rooms for our friends on a tighter budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Murphy's River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Murphy`s River Hotel Estes Park
- American Wilderness Hotel
- American Wilderness Lodge