Enjoyed a stay once before. Rooms are nicely upgraded for the most part. Several irritating things:
1. Paid for 4hr fire "log", followed instructions precisely, it burned maybe 1 hour and we could not get it started again.
2. Bath tub/shower soap: Only soap available was liquid soap in a dispenser mounted very high - only for showers. A pain for someone like my wife who prefers a bath. Need lower dispenser of add 1 bar of soap for bath without having to go ask for it.
3. Internet access unreliable - perhaps only during our stay. Had a devil of a time trying to check in on college football scores. It took 20min. once and over a half-an-hour the second time and never succeeded the 3rd time.
People are very friendly and helpful otherwise. We were in unit 105 and our friends were in rm 101 last weekend.
- Also Known As:
- Murphy`s River Hotel
- Murphy`s River Hotel Estes Park
- American Wilderness Hotel
- American Wilderness Lodge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Murphy's River Lodge is located 2 blocks from downtown Estes Park and backs to the Fall River. Murphy's was remodeled in 2011 and has a reputation of having the friendliest staff in town. Your stay at Murphy's comes with free wifi,free breakfast,indoor heated pool and hot tub,20 River front rooms ,6 pet friendly rooms and several value rooms for our friends on a tighter budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Fareportal so you can book your Murphy's River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.