“Wonderful place to stay in Estes Park!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Sip and Paint class
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Estes Park
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Wonderful place to stay in Estes Park!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

First of all, the front staff was very professional and friendly. We were only there for one night. We stayed in a condo room on the river. The room has been remodeled and everything was wonderful. Pillow top mattress made us sleep like we were at home. Definitely, worth staying there. Close to town and to Rocky Mountain National Park.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

My boyfriend and I wanted to get away for the weekend and chose Murphy's at the recommendation of his sister.

While the exterior is still under renovation, the rooms are lovely. In fact our room may have been larger than than my first apartment. The beds and linens were obviously high quality and our room over looked the river. We spent a good deal of Saturday afternoon on our private balcony watching a small herd of elk graze.

The pool and hot tub were open and awesome.

Something that I didn't realize before we went was that the upstairs and downstairs units could be connected via a private staircase creating a townhouse like condo. I am planning on renting one of these for my sister's wedding in the area.

I would recommend this lodge to anyone looking for a quiet weekend away.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

We stayed at Murphy's River lodge for weekend getaway and we were very pleased with room, amenities and proximity to the shops. The rooms were large, nicely remodeled and the beds were so comfortable we inquired about where to buy one!

While we were there, the pool was open, as was the hot tub and both were very nice and relaxing.

We very much look forward to another stay soon.

River Falls, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

Very comfortable room, simple attractive decor with a modern vibe. A good showerhead - a detail I appreciated. This old motel has been updated the right way. Free Wi-FI, big desk with adjacent outlets for recharging your iPad, iPod, cell phone.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Parker, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011 via mobile

Booked a King room by the river for a couple days of relaxation. When I arrived I was informed that the staff had moved me to a 2nd floor "condo" room due to construction. Turned out the room they moved me to was just fine. I still had a patio overlooking the river and wound up with a great view of the mountains. I will probably book the "condo" room next visit instead.

The room was big and very nice. Comfortable bed and even had a fireplace. Room also came with a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Location was great and walking distance to downtown. I've stayed at other hotels in Estes Park but this is the nicest place I've stayed and for the price, the best value. My only issue was the pull out bed/couch in the room. Not the most comfortable to sit on. But its far from a deal breaker and the only negative issue experienced.

The construction was not a big deal and as its off-season in Estes, this type of work is expected at this time of year. The owner felt bad about moving me and made things right in a satisfactory manner. And based on the quality of the room they moved me to, it wasn't even really necessary but it speaks well of the commitment of the owner to delivering a great place to stay.

Murphy's River Lodge will be the place I stay on return visits if I'm not camping. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2011
Westminster, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

Murphy's River Lodge in Estes Park was a wonderful experience. The room was clean and newly updated, the service was friendly and professional. We enjoyed our stay and would go again!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Loveland, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

Wanted to put in a real positive plug for the wonderful time I spent this week at Murphy's River Lodge in Estes Park. Big kudos to the great management husband/wife team of Troy and Shelley. Make sure you say "hi" as they really go all out to make your stay memorable an a pleasure. Really enjoyed my second-story room with the balcony, right on the river and the tremedously comfortable bed. I also really enjoyed being able to walk directly into the downtown located a little over a block to the East. I have always had to look for parking while visiting Estes and being this close w/o having to look for parking was an unexpected pleasure. Again, thanks Troy and Shelley for a wonderful, relaxing and productive time in your town. We will definately be back and also pass the word about your great lodge.

R. G. E.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Murphy's River Lodge? Share your experiences!