This place was a total let down from start to finish, with a few lovely surprises thrown in. The beginning of our stay was a day later than expected, due to a problem with scheduling (an honest mistake) which was corrected and even though we couldn't stay there we found another great place to go for the first night, The mountain valley home B&B. Because of this mistake, Mary, who is an absolute sweet heart, paid for us to have a romantic candle lit dinner. I highly reccomend this if you get the chance, everything was perfect! You are a wonderful chef and hostess!
My biggest issue with our stay was Dianne, she was very nervous and almost controling and put us on edge just being in the same room as her and other guests we spoke to felt the same way. Dianne, you are definitely in the wrong business...
We asked if she could please make more coffee at about 2:30 in the afternoon and instead of doing so she walked back into the kitchen without saying a word and watched us stand around for 10 minutes waiting for it. When we finally asked she looked shocked and annoyed and told us "well we don't make coffee more than once, so once it's gone it's gone". Seriously how hard is it to make coffee? She also gave us an incomplete room tour which ended with shutting the door on me while I was in the middle of asking you a question, frankly she came across as strange, insecure, and infectiously uncomfortable.
We stayed in two separate rooms due to last minute booking on our part, the first of which was a cabbin off the main house. It was decently romantic other than the small captains bed which doubled as a bookshelf, but being separate from the main house was nice. Our second room was odd, to say the least. The bathroom took up about 2/3 of the whole room and there was no door seperating the bed from the bathroom, not exactly romantic in my opinion. In both of the rooms the beds were uncomfortably small, further discouraging romance, and so uncomfortable neither of us got a good nights sleep and one woke up several times with back pain he is still feeling. While we understand that thin walls come with staying in most B&Bs,but this was a little extreme, you would think "the best place in Estes park" could invest in wall insulation.
Both breakfasts were wonderful, other than the "fruit compote" which was really just warmed up canned fruit salad, yuck. But other than that we had a potato quiche which was delicious and creative, and a huevos rancheros the whole table raved about. The woman cooking breakfast was also very sweet and hospitable.
All in all I would say this is a nice place to stay, but if you're looking for magical go elsewhere, and also if you're easily affected by the negative energy of others make sure Dianne isn't working (although she lives on the property to make sure no extra coffee is made).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Romantic RiverSong Inn is an inviting bed and breakfast offering the ideal location for an intimate Estes Park wedding ceremony. This quaint ten room inn is located at the end of a winding country lane and near trout streams and ponds, hiking trails and tree swings with spectacular scenery for all to enjoy. Our bedrooms are cozy, decorated with country furnishings for you to be lulled to sleep by the melody of our mountain stream. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Expedia so you can book your Romantic Riversong Bed and Breakfast Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Romantic Riversong b&b Inn
- Romantic Riversong Hotel Estes Park