“Great staycation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of River Spruce

We can't find prices for this accommodation
River Spruce
You added River Spruce to your Saves list
2334 State Highway 66, Estes Park, CO 80517   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Westminster, Colorado
“Great staycation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Experience what is really like to be welcomed and pampered...you'll never want to leave!
Jim and Becky are the ultimate hosts. A friendly welcome, warm and delicious baked goods delivered in the morning and when your hosts say, "If you need anything....", they really mean it.

Don't miss out on the lodging specials at River Spruce! Good until April 2014.
Cabins are clean and cozy, with large bedroom, basic kitchen needs, full size refrigerator, flat screen TV, free WiFi, gas furnace fireplace and some with private hot tubs.

It snowed heavily during our 2 night stay at River Spruce. Jim plowed the parking area, shoveled a path to our door, brushed the snow off the private hot tub (right outside our door) as well as our steps, not once, but several times; he even quietly cleared all the snow, early on the morning of our departure, so we could enjoy one last soak!

Since the roads were snow packed and icy, our wonderful hosts even offered us a later check out. Jim let us know to listen for the owls who could be heard in the late afternoon. We were lucky enough to hear them twice...like staying with your favorite aunt and uncle.

So relaxing and quiet, a wonderful location. Large spruce trees, gently flowing river, lots of places to sit and enjoy the scenery. Well away from the downtown area, yet only a 5-10 minute drive to Estes Park, RMNP and trailheads.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Montreat, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

A cozy cabin nestled along the Big Thompson River, birds singing, wildlife watching and spectacular star gazing straight from the hot tub! Quiet and relaxing a great place to explore Rocky Mountain National Park and the quaint town of Estes Park. Jim and Becky are incredibly friendly, helpful and kind. A fantastic place to relax, unwind and be.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Ozark, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

My husband and I spent 3 nights at River Spruce right after Christmas and had 3 of the best nights of our 19 year marriage. They ladies there are so kind. The fact that they delivered fresh baked goods every morning to our door was amazing. I would recommend River Spruce a million times over. I know want to spend time there in a different season. Winter was great, but sping/summer would also be terrific!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Roeland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

River Spruce is a great place to get away and RELAX!! Wendye & Shelley welcome you like family and make sure your stay is the best! The cabins are quaint and comfortable, the river is right outside your door and several of the cabins have hot tubs! Warm, homemade yummies are delivered in a basket to your door from Wendye & Shelley each morning ( zucchini bread and chocolate chip banana bread most recent trip).
This is my favorite place to stay in Estes Park!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Shelley P, Owner at River Spruce, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thanks so much for the kind words! We always enjoy our return guests Erin!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Wendye and Shelley share their many home-like cabins for an escape to nature -- each cabin has its own personality and many have hot tubs, which are fantastic for cool mountain evenings. The sounds of the river are soothing and calming and it's likely you will see wildlife in the area. River Spruce is close to the park, but has easy access to the downtown and many restaurants. It is the perfect place for friends and families. Estes Park is fortunate to have this hidden jewel!

Room Tip: The website gives plenty of information on each cabin's personalities.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I choose places to stay based on how I feel while I'm there and by how much I don't want to leave. I have stayed many places in Estes, but have never had that feeling until staying here. I am a firm believer in soul restoration. The River Spruce website itself has a banner that speaks to me it says "Relax. Reflect. Renew." How true that is at this property. We came here in July for a family vacation and the kids loved it. We built fires in the fire pit and ate out by the Big Thompson River at our picnic table each evening. It is in the perfect location right outside of RMNP and Estes. The hospitality that we were shown on that visit prompted me to chose River Spruce for my own "me" vacation. I must say that I fell in love with this place more on my second visit. Wendye and Shelley really made sure that I was taking all the proper equipment needed for hiking on the icy trails in RMNP. I must say that the hot tub was a definitely plus after hiking so much. They deliver fresh baked muffins to your door every morning except for Sunday. They gave me the perfect recommendations for everything that I asked of them (could not be more happy with the hair salon and my hair cut). I am used to hospitality as I was raised in the South, but I have received the best treatment both times that I have stayed here and it feels like home. The very best day I had was sitting in the sun by the river reading and listening to music. I came here to rest and restore my soul, and I have never returned from a vacation more rejuvenated. I must say thank you to you both for treating me as a friend and not just as a customer. I will stay here every time I come to Estes.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I looked through about 30 cabins around Estes Park before I booked the River Spruce. It did not disappoint my family at all. We had a wonderful time staying at the cabin. The place is more beautiful than the pictures posted on their website. Shelley made fresh and hot home made bread for our breakfast. It tasted so good. Next time when I want to go to Estes Park, this is the place I will stay again, again, and again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Shelley P, Owner at River Spruce, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay! We enjoy baking so it's always good to know our guests enjoy eating what we bake:) Thanks for the great review, we'll look forward to the next visit!

Been to River Spruce? Share your experiences!