“Brisket and Ribs” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 118 Restaurants in Estes Park
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Broomfield, CO
“Brisket and Ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

This is the best restaurant in Estes Park. I was referred here by a local that said this is where they all go. I find the brisket and the ribs the best menu items. I am not fond of their pulled pork (and I am a pulled pork fan) or their chicken.
Fantastic selection of beers!

Visited July 2014

Belleville, Michigan
“Party of 13”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

We all stopped here for lunch after crossing over rocky mt natl park. Food was good. We were sat in a corner as we were a little loud. Had a great time. Prices were not bad.

Visited August 2014
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Bustling stop for great grub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Stopped here by fluke and it was worth it. Just outside of town en-route to Estes Park. The food was fresh and the beer cold. Great stop for hungry hikers. I loved the vibe too.

Visited July 2014
Glen Haven, Colorado
“Love their BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Great BBQ, and I love their sweet potato fries!!! A little crowded in the summer, so I don't go as much as I would like to...My favorite is the pulled pork sandwich. They could use some help with re-doing their bathroom....a shower curtain doesn't cut it for a door. They need to expand their dining room. Good bar. Great views, is you can get next to a window facing the park.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Delicious food and takeout friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

For our first day in Estes Park we had some family visiting for the evening at our cabin at the YMCA of the Rockies. We decided that takeout would be better than trying to shop for groceries or going out on a busy Saturday night in Estes. Take-out BBQ seemed like a good alternative - best of both worlds. We stopped at Smokin' Dave's about 6:00 pm and it was already really busy. But they happily took our take-out order and promised to have it ready in 45 minutes while we did a small grocery run for breakfast items. We stopped back 45 minutes later and everything was ready, and the place was now in full-on Saturday night jam-packed mode.

When we first walked in I knew it would be great - it smelled heavenly with the scent of smoked meat and BBQ sauce. The servers were very sweet and helpful even though they were slammed with customers. When we got back to the cabin and set everything out, it was quickly devoured. We got the large family dinner that EASILY served 6 adults and 3 small children with a small portion of leftovers. I should say that we are 6 adults with very healthy appetites! The meal included the shredded pork, brisket,a whole chicken and a whole rack of ribs. We got the corn-on-the-cob, cole slaw, baked beans and potato salad as sides and it came with 5 sweet corn muffins. All were delicious.

If you are patient and want the lively atmosphere of a popular BBQ joint/tavern, eating in would probably be fun. If you have a place to gather a large group, the family dinners as takeout is a great option! I would definitely eat here again on a return trip to Estes Park.

Visited August 2014