“Excellent food, service could improve” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 118 Restaurants in Estes Park
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Estes Park, Colorado
“Excellent food, service could improve”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The food was really good. The Carolina pulled pork sandwich was excellent and I lived in the Carolinas for 5 years. You also got a lot of food for your money. They had some interesting beers on tap to try. We had a few problems with the service though - forgetting to order one of our meals and sitting with empty glasses for a while. Even with that service, the good food and the reasonable prices win out and I will be going back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Denver, Colorado
“YUMMY AS USUAL!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Great food...fast delivery. They try very hard though to get you in and out. Tried to take plates away 3 times before we finished eating.

Visited May 2013
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Great Food and Beer Pairings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was my 2nd visit and the food was great again! Draft beer selection is limited but pairs very well with the food. Good bottle selection. It took a while for the server to get to us but it seemed like she had half of the restaurant to take care of. That being said, she still did a fantastic job! I will be returning to and recommending this place!

Visited May 2013
Ball Ground, Georgia
“What a disappointment!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My husband and I saw the great reviews for Smokin' Daves on Tripadvisor and wanted to try it out. What a disappointment! The restaurant itself is run down and the food was terrible. My husband ordered the pull pork plate and we were surprise to see the pork full of fat and it did not look like pork. The side items were cold and baked beans tasted like salsa with black beans. My husband could not eat it. I had the brisket. It a little bit better, but very salty.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Swedesboro, New Jersey
“Very Good Inexpensive BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I went to dinner here a week ago on a recommendation after visiting Rocky Mountain National Park. I can't say anything good or bad about the decor, it looks like someplace to eat and drink in the middle of nowhere. I was there because I heard the food was good anyway. It was after 8PM on a Sunday and I had a 2 hour drive back to my hotel so I was in a bit of a hurry. I liked the way the menus were printed on what looked like a newspaper. I was seated right away and a servr politely came over and made a couple recommendations which I went with. They have a nice beer menu as most places in Colorado do .I order the double meat combo with ribs and sausage. Both were very tasty with a nice amount of smoke and char. I especially loved the sausage. For sides I ordered green beans which were loaded with bacon and onions, very good. along with the potato salad which was extremely good. My beer and meal came to less than $20 ($24) with tip. I made it just in time as 2 guys came in shortly after me and were told the kitchen was closing. I'm glad I made it and would definitely eat here again.

• Visited April 2013