“Rented Camper (Boo Boo 2) - Just Okay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Jellystone Park of Estes

Jellystone Park of Estes
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Jellystone Park of Estes
5495 US Highway 36, Estes Park, CO 80517   |
Dodge City, Kansas
“Rented Camper (Boo Boo 2) - Just Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Let me preface this by saying that I am not a camper and have not done a lot of camping since I was a kid, and this is our first stay as a family in a camper. We stayed for six nights and are a family of four. The check-in process was easy and smooth, though they did not explain that we could get fresh towles by exchanging them at the office when needed until we asked much later in our stay. The staff were always very friendly and helpful. Each child had a bunk bed, and my husband and I had the queen sized bed. The bathroom was very tiny (which is common for all campers). The amount of space to move around and storage was very limited. The camper did not seem to be very well stabilized as it was very bouncy when anyone (including my 4 year old) walked across the camper. The beds were very firm and uncomfortable--the fold out couch was more comfortable. We left the campground mostly everyday for other activities, but we enjoyed the heated outdoor pool (in the cool mountain air, the warm water was nice so the kids could swim) and the mini golf was a nice activity as well. The kids also enjoyed Yogi Bear. The location of the camper is partway up the side of the mountain, so plan to walk slowly if you are not accustomed to the high altitude. Also, the wi-fi signal was okay (not strong enough for Netflix) and cell phone signal was sketchy. There is one parking space for the site, so visitor parking is a challenge. It rained nearly every afternoon, and the awning had been removed from our camper. Thankfully, they had provided an outdoor canopy right outside the camper, which sufficed. It was nice to have a fire pit and a charcoal grill. Quiet time at 10 pm was respectfully observed by other campers. There is only one very busy grocery store in Estes Park, so bring as many food supplies with you as you can (or visit a grocery store in Loveland or Longmont before driving up the mountain). We waited in line one evening for 1.5 hours just to check out. If you are a camper and used to staying in a camper with tight space (without a fold out/extender) and stiff beds, then this one is a good location with good activities for the family. Overall, our experience was average/good; however, our preference is to rent a full facility cabin for a more comfortable space.

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Centralia, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Rented the "Cindy" cabin - much more spacious than we had anticipated. Easily handled our group of 6 adults, 2 children, and 2 babies. Kids enjoyed Yogi and dads enjoyed mini golf and horseshoes. No more pricey than everything else in Estes. Friendly staff and nice campground. Was a very nice experience.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I will start off by saying, that I am a "newbie" camper. So our family of four, with a 5 year old and a 10 year old, did not come with tents. We also did not drive from Florida with a mobile home. Instead, we flew into Denver, then drove over in our rental car to spend the weekend in Cindy cabin. This cabin had a queen bed, a set of bunk beds, a full kitchen, and a bathroom with shower only, no tub. The cabin had a lovely front porch that we enjoyed several meals on, and a fire pit, and grill.
We spent the weekend here, and had a blast!! From the moment of check-in, the smiling woman with the red hair went out of her way to make us feel at home. And in fact, every employee we encountered, from the park rangers, to the entertainment crew, to the lodge staff were all incredibly friendly. Friday night, after strolling around the campsite, I stopped in the lodge and saw they had hot cocoa for sale. I had no money on me, and said I would come back with money. They just told me to take it, and bring back the money whenever I wanted. I really appreciated that gesture, and also how much I was thanked when I brought the money the next day.
I cannot say enough about all the kids activities they offered. Mini golf, bingo, arts and crafts, gem mining, rock climbing, ice cream man, swimming, hay ride around the park, movies, karaoke and more!!! We did not leave all weekend, because we did not need to. My daughter was able to hand feed a potato chip to a chipmunk hanging by our cabin. The rangers kept the area well patrolled, and it was quiet at night.
My favorite part was the Sunday morning church service, on the hillside, with the wooden cross.
I cannot say enough about how beautiful the area was, and how it really gives you time to just enjoy your family and nature. When the hail storm came on Saturday night, I was glad for my cabin!
I will say, however, that if you are someone who wants total privacy, this place may not be for you. Your neighbors are VERY close. There are a few sites on the property, though, that seemed to have a little further space between campsites.
But for us, it was not a concern, and it was definitely time and money well spent! Thank you so much, Yogi Bear, we had a blast!

Room Tip: The cindy cabins were great!
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We visited Jellystone of Estes all the way from Indianapolis, IN! It was a long drive, but not too bad. We had stayed in a Jellystone campground in Great Smoky before and thought that given that we had kids we should go to a campground with activities for kids. Little did we know that we would only be at the campground for breakfast and dinner and all the other time we would be spending all our time experiencing the wonder of Rocky Mountain National Park! We packed lunch every day which mainly consisted of PB&J and fruit! Every time we would pull into the campground my 2 yr old daughter saw the playground and wanted to go to it. We made it to the playground on the first day (because we thought we would stick around camp on day one to get used to the altitude)...We instead packed up the car after a couple of hrs and drove up Old Fall River Rd to over 12,000 feet and back down Trail Ridge Rd! The campground is nice and the staff is wonderful. It is very quiet and they enforce the quient hours. We rented one of the Boo Boo trailers which was a 24-26' travel trailer. The camper was very clean and was outfitted with everything we needed. Coming from so far away it was nice to have a fridge and a sink. We are normally tent campers, but we were glad we went with the camper. The main issue during our stay was the breaker kept tripping and beeping during the night (two nights). The staff credited half of one of the nights which was good, but hopefully they get it fixed for the next visitor. The main issue is the sites are very small, but the Boo Boo 3 was still nice as the back of the camper faces a ravine and was relatively private. If your kids like to play in the dirt they will have a ball as the entire camper is sand/dirt. It was nice having the RV as we bathed the kids in the RV to get all the campsite dirt off and my wife and I used the comfort station. The RV shower would have been ok, but it was always nice to get a good hot shower in the clean comfort station. We didn't get a chance to use the kid friendly things as there was too much to see in Rocky Mountain National Park. We do recommend this campground, but im warning you that you may get your heart set on staying on Rocky Mountain National Park and not really getting to do much in the campground!

Room Tip: Boo Boo 3 appears to be the most private of the travel trailers
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We just spent 3 nights over the 4th of July at Jellystone Park. Our family rented one of the RV's. It is older but adequate and met our needs. Our campsite was a little cramped but private with plenty of trees and bushes surrounding our site. Our kids loved the pool, the playground, the free putt putt golf, and all of the planned activities. It's a popular spot for families and they enjoyed playing with the other kids in the campground. The setting is nice - our site was a little furthur back from the main highway so the noise from the road was not an issue for us but I'm sure it would be very noisy for some of the sites that are closer to the main road. There is always something going on to keep the kids entertained and when the kids are happy, so are the parents! Also, the staff was very accommodating and went out of their way to make sure we felt welcome and that our kids were acknowledged, too. We will definitely be back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We had an awesome week during 4th of July. The staff works hard to run the campground like a well oiled machine. Free putt-putt with stay and beautiful hiking trails, a heated pool, and activities for the kids. I would totally visit again! Hot free showers too! Hard to find in this area on campgrounds.

• Stayed July 2013
Waterloo, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We just spent an entire week at Jellystone of Estes and it was awesome! We stayed in the Ranger's Lodge which is very nice. We filled it up! The place was fully stocked with everything we needed. The kids loved seeing yogi twice a day! The pool and kids activities were awesome! the staff could not have been nicer of more accommodating!!! Overall, we had a grea experience!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Jellystone Park of Estes? Share your experiences!