“Stanley Hotel Ghost Tour was amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Tours
Attraction Details
Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
“Stanley Hotel Ghost Tour was amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I am a little late in reviewing but it doesn't mean we didn't have a great time. My husband and I went on our anniversary and it was great. Paranorma was our guide and she was great, friendly and knowledgable and totally into the hotel and it's history and paranormal activities. The setting is beautiful and it is honestly very spooky. My husband and I are on the skeptical side and this proved to be worth it. Thank you!

Visited August 2013
Jesse F, Manager at Stanley Hotel Tour, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Glad to hear you enjoyed your tour! We try to keep a good mix of everything, even for skeptics out there. Hope to see you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Petaluma, California
29 attraction reviews
“Fabulous & Entertaining Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We booked the normal tour of the Stanley Hotel as we were staying quite a distance away and the weather was bad and we knew we had a long drive back to our camp site in Kremmling, otherwise we would have booked the ghost tour. We ate a little lunch in the restaurant and then we went on the tour. It was simply fabulous. The hotel itself is gorgeous and the tour was informative and fascinating. We had two of our grandchildren with us and they were not frightened, even though there was plenty of information given about the hauntings of the hotel. I highly recommend this tour and next time, we will plan things differently and take the ghost tour.

Visited July 2013
Thanks for the comments about the hotel and tour. I am glad to hear you were able to have fun and enjoy the Stanley Tour! We hope you do find your way back up to take the Ghost Tour in the future!

San Francisco, CA
“Enjoyable Diversion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We were in Estes Park for a wedding just after access was opened to the town after the horrific floods and the closure of RMNP (due to our government shutting down). Since we had an afternoon to see the sights before the wedding and many things were closed down, we decided to take the Stanley Hotel tour. The tour was thoroughly enjoyable and and the guide was excellent. Plenty of time to take pictures of a really remarkable place.
Add to that the stories of it's "ghostly" side and it made for a fun and interesting afternoon. And maybe a ghost sighting (see photo).

Visited October 2013
Thanks for the comments about your tour. Glad you had some fun and were able to get a good photo! We hope to see you back at the Stanley Hotel in the future.

Savannah, Georgia
22 attraction reviews
“Don't Miss It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

At first, I was a little unsure about touring the Stanley. Booking my tour was a bit difficult and the guy I was speaking to was hardly helpful. He hung up on me, put me on hold for 10 mins with no apology, then finally took my information when I called back yet again. I was concerned I would be treated like a nuisance at the hotel, but that was not the case. When I arrived, the two ladies at the front desk were friendly and inviting. One of them, Hannah, turned out to be the tour guide. She is very clearly a big fan of the hotel and is very knowledgable as to its history, architecture, and its many spooky tales. The tour went on for over an hour, but I was never bored. If you're even slightly interested in the Stanley Hotel or the Shining, this is a must in the Estes Park area.

Denver, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
“Fun tour and lot's of history”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Originally, we wanted to do the ghost tour but they were doing them for another week. So we booked the normal tour, which to our surprise still included a lot of information on hauntings at the hotel. The hotel is gorgeous and I don't know what they are pumping through the air system, but smells like flowers everywhere. Learning a bit of history through this tour definitely made our stay in Estes more special.