“Pet friendly and clean” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Timber Creek Chalets

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Timber Creek Chalets
You added Timber Creek Chalets to your Saves list
2115 Fall River Rd., Estes Park, CO 80517   |
Santa Fe
“Pet friendly and clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed here because I needed a place for me and my dog to stay for three nights.

On my way to Rocky Mountain National Park, I saw the chalets and their sign saying they were pet friendly. I called the off-site operator, and was able to get a deal--stay two nights and get the third night free. (It's the off season now). The pet charge is $15 per pet per night. Worth it to me, because my dog gets traumatized in kennels.

They also had a large fridge and a gift pack of small chocolates, cocoa packets, trail mix, and microwaveable popcorn. This was a nice element I wasn't expexcting.

Also, when I checked in at the Fawn Valley Lodge (which is about a mile away and closer to the Park, and where guests of the chalets check in during the off-season) I found out I could check out up to two DVD's at a time to watch in my room. They have a flat screen TV that plays DVDs. It was great. I watched Kubrick's The Shining and three other movies during my stay.

Last, they have a wood-burning fireplace (with free wood) and a hot tub.

Room Tip: The quiet hours are from 10pm to 8am. There were not many guests since it was the off season, but d...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Cheyenne, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

I was a little wary about staying at a "pet friendly" place because of cleanliness. That was no problem here! Very cute place, perfectly located between Estes Park and RMNP. We had a fireplace and a little patio to enjoy the mountain air, and our dog had plenty of room and a side area to explore. We will staying here again!

• Stayed March 2012
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

I've stayed here multiple times, and will definitely be coming back. Why? Well here are my list of reasons:

- They are easy to book online. Try finding another set of awesome, not TOO rustic accommodations along Fall River Road that has an online website you can book through.

- While the units are all right next to each other, and some are connected, they are backed into their own little corner of the hill. You feel like you're actually in a cabin, while still being right off Fall River Road and an easy drive to downtown Estes. No special vehicles are needed to get to these places. It's also nice and quiet.

- The insides are decorated like a cabin, and some units even have full stoves, etc. Not all do though, so check the amenities for your specific unit before bringing up a ton of raw meat to cook. The insides are well updated and clean.

- I've seen elk right outside of the units multiple times while I've stayed here. They're easiest to see in the morning.

- Being on Fall River Road, you're close to the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park.

Room Tip: Check the amenities for your specific unit - some units have full kitchens while others don't ha...
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reedsburg, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I will return in the future! We staryed in Unit 11 off season, and had a great experience: clean, cozy, QUIET, warm, friendly, helpful staff. No complaints. The decor was up to date with a flat screen TV. We were able to borrow DVD's for free from a very large selection. The king sized bed was very comfortable. Extra blankets and pillows. The kitchen was well equipped with a full size fridge, stove top and mini dishwasher (which I did not use). The base board electric heaters were warm and quiet. (It was 23* outside). The staff at Fawn Valley Inn where we checked in down the road were great. For example, we had an early check out the last morning and the desk girl suggested just leaving the keys and the borrowed DVD's in the room rather than running up the road to drop the key in the key drop box. Nice touch was a goody bag and bottled water. The place was so quiet that I could hear the quartz wall clock ticking during the night. Therer was a wood fireplace in the room, too. It was a great value Off Season: stay 2 nights, get third free. Location was very good: 5 minutes fromt he NE entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park. I'm done looking for other places to stay when in Estes Park. Timber Creek Chalet was great.

Room Tip: Suites #11 and #12 were up the hill and a little more isolated than others
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

My fiance and I were pleasantly surprised with our recent stay in the Unit #5 (Alpine Unit). We loved the rustic furniture, semi private patio with gas grill, views of the mountains, and great location to town and RMNP. We loved grilling streaks in the evening and having the option to keep lunch meats and breakfast items on hand in the small, but adequate refrigerator/freezer. We really got some much needed R&R during our stay here. Thanks for everything. We can't wait to return.

P.S. Go to the Wapiti Pub in town for a great pulled pork sandwhich.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

Recently, I was attending a workshop in RMNP and needed overnight accommodations. Priced mid-range, my unit at Timber Creek was a clean, updated place to stay -- in contrast to the myriad of rinky dinky, right on the main road, choices available in the area.

10B's best feature was its kitchen -- completely updated and more than adequate for 1-2 persons. The bathroom was small, true, but also updated. The unit was sparkling clean!

I checked in late at Fawn Valley and the clerk was helpful and friendly. One night at Timber Creek there was some odd noise, like another unit playing a loud video game. They sent out an apologetic staff person to check on it -- at 10 pm! He couldn't find the origin of the noise, which soon stopped...but he thoroughly checked the units anyway.

I found the unit to be updated, super clean and the staff helpful and friendly.

When we stay in Estes for winter getaways where we stay in and enjoy the snow, river, painting and general R&R, we stay in one of the more upscale condos. But when I stay in Estes for workshops and day hikes, Timber Creek is a great choice.

Room Tip: If having a unit above you is an issue, don't select 10A or 10B.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Littleton, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stayed in Unit 3 which is connected to the main office, on the main floor and there is a unit above. The unit was nice inside but the main problem was the noise. You can hear every single noise of the person walking above us. The other problem was there was noisy partiers at night slamming doors, screaming profanity, etc. I did complain to the front desk immediately Saturday morning of the issue and Sat night was alot better. The main problem of this unit is that its an old building so you can hear every peep from the people above you. Otherwise, the unit inside is very clean and homey. Just wish it wasnt so noisy. I would prefer to stay in a unit that is not attached. You get your own personal hot tub at this place so its nice. Pretty good stay, but the people at the property should really stress to the people staying above how noisy it is for unit #3!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Timber Creek Chalets? Share your experiences!