“Helpful interesting trail ride” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 41 attractions in Estes Park
Type: Horseback Riding Stables
Attraction Details
New Haven, Connecticut
“Helpful interesting trail ride”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Good experience for novice riders. Friendly and knowledgeable guides, calm horses, and a just right two-hour ride

Denver, Colorado
“Spectacular!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

National Park Stables Cowpoke Corner Corral's trail ride is the best "thing to do" in Estes Park! The trail ride is definitely worth the money. My husband and I are not frequent horseback riders and we were very apprehensive about taking our 6 year old granddaughter on this excursion. Our worries melted away as soon as we arrived at the stables this week. Ashley had our horses well prepared and waiting for us. Trail master wrangler Shane put all of us at ease and was a fantastic guide up and down the mountain with great anecdotes. We especially loved his bear story complete with claw marks on a tree! With Shane's caring attention, my granddaughter was able to ride solo and loved every minute of the ride along with learning a lot about the ups and downs of horseback riding on a mountain. The trail ride on the mountain is both breathtaking and relaxing. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the leisurely and informative ride with Shane. Back at the stables with Ashley, it is very obvious that these horses are very well cared for, as they are easy to approach and very friendly with both adults and children. We are convinced this is the best stables in Estes and the National Park has done a wonderful job of maintaining it since the '70's along with the sister stables at Gateway. Don't bother going anywhere else; this is the best! We will be back next season (starts May 1) for a longer ride!

Visited October 2012
Manhattan Beach, CA
3 attraction reviews
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

1. Have not been on a horse for many years, and it was a non-factor. These horses are VERY well behaved and pretty much drive themselves, and I'm sure they've walked these trail hundreds of times. You would be doing yourself a disservice if you let your inexperience scare you off. So if you're a inexperienced rider, do not worry at all. 90% of the ride I didn't even have my hands on the rains and was busy rubber necking and taking pictures. 2. The trail was pretty torn up by the extensive use, but don't let this spook you either. Horses have 4 points touching the ground and are extremely sure footed. My horse seemed very aware and it was interesting the way he seemed to take his time and choose his own path. 3. The employees were courteous and the guide was a nice gal (kinda goes without saying). 4. After 2 hours in the saddle I got juuust a little sore (again just a little). 5. The scenery was of course beautiful. We saw a couple deer and several elk, and in fairly close proximity which was super cool. 6. Don't worry about riding equipment, and they have rain jackets strapped to your saddle should it rain. This was simply a very top notch experience. If you are an experienced rider, it won't be terribly thrilling as you are basically marching single file. It's great... a 2 hour hike, and you don't have to walk...lol Can't recommend it enough. Oh, and by the way this is right down the street from Horse Shoe Park which was one of the highlights of the drive accross the continental divide.

Visited September 2012
“The views of autumn foliage from high above Estes Park was spectacular!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

We rode from the Glacier Lodge location. Our guide, Ashley, was knowledgeable and experienced. Her attention to detail and understanding of our inexperience helped us feel comfortable. The rugged ride took us to high views of Estes Park from Roosevelt National Forest.
We found our ride to be well worth the cost and rewarding. Shane and Ashley took good care of us.

Dallas, Texas
“Awesome Ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My family took the two hour ride on September 21st, and we were all extremely pleased with the Staff and Guide (Ashley). My wife, who has been scared of horseback riding since her youth, was convinced to give it one more try by our sons. NPGS was extremely accommodating and patient with her concerns and matched our horses with our various levels of experience. The ride was through one of the most beautiful National Parks. We got to view bugling elk and other wildfire in a manner most people never get to experience. Our guide also provided a history of the area throughout the ride. After we finished the ride, my wife’s concern had diminished and a smile was on her face. Upon request, they also gave the boys (and adults) old worn out horseshoes as a memory of our experience. We all agreed on the way home that the horseback ride was certainly the highlight of our trip to Estes Park. I guess the only thing we regretted was not booking the four hour ride.