“Fly fishing Estes Park Colorado with Kirks Flyshop” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 32 Shopping in Estes Park
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a family owned and operated, full pro-line fly shop & mountain adventure company, located in beautiful Estes Park, Colorado, gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park. Offering Guided Fly Fishing Day Trips, Private Water Trips, Overnight Backpacking Trips, Horseback & Llama Pack Trips, Day Hikes, Longs Peak Trips, Snowshoe Trips and more in Rocky Mountain National Park and the surrounding Estes Valley.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
“Fly fishing Estes Park Colorado with Kirks Flyshop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I booked a one person guided fly fishing excursion after researching online and ended up with Kirks Flyshop because it had the best price for this type of trip. I arrived a little bit early where they greeted me very cordially and got setup pretty fast with the equipment and did not have to wait that much for trip to begin. When we got to the river, the guide taught me the basics to fly fishing and as soon I started, the fish were hitting our flies. They sure know where the fish are and could adapt the flies to whatever the fish are eating so its a guaranteed fish every time. During my trip I caught a total of 10 trouts, including brown trout and brook trout. I recommend booking with Kirks Flyshop without a doubt for the experience of a lifetime fly fishing Colorado.

Visited August 2014

Bentonville, Arkansas, United States
3 attraction reviews
“More than we bargained for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Marlene took us to a less traveled hiking trail to Sand Beach Lake. About 2 miles into the hike I said "Oh, my." Marlene said "Oh no, this is not good. Go, Go up the hill! Our peaceful hike had just turned into survival mode for us. We had just come face to face with 2 bull moose on the trail 15 yards ahead of us. Her quick thinking and us following her direction got us quickly up over dead trees, shrubs and bushes. We hid behind a tree. The first one trotted by the second moose stopped looked up at us and snorted, then trotted on. We then hiked on up to Sand Beach Lake. Beautiful. Absolutely stunning. We saw about 10 other people total on the trail. No one else saw any moose. We have photo proof. Marlene is very knowledgeable, gave us an outstanding hike. She got to know us and picked the right level of difficulty for my wife and I. We saw spectacular views. Marlene was very friendly and easy to talk with. Then, we also got the thrill of a lifetime!

Topeka, Kansas
“Fly fishing with Ryan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

My brother and I had an awesome morning. He knew his stuff and was very patient with me as I'm
A beginner. Thanks for a great lifetime memory.

Visited August 2014
McLean, Virginia
6 attraction reviews
“Great afternoon fly-fishing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I spent a great afternoon last Tuesday, July 22nd, with guide Nic P. from Kirk's Flyshop in Estes Park.
I am a permanent beginner, having flyfished on an irregular basis for the past several years, mostly on lakes for bass and sunfish, and relatively unsuccessfully a number of times on streams for trout.

My goals for the afternoon were: First, to learn more, and second, if possible to catch some trout. Nic taught me quite a bit and worked on my roll casting technique. He never grimaced as I many times got my fly and tippet hung-up in the shrubbery. He just freed up the fly and we continued on.

We fished in the Rocky Mountain NP on one of the streams off of the main park road (which shall remain nameless to protect the trout). He worked on different techniques including nymphing and upstream and across-stream casting and had 2 rods rigged for the differing approaches.

The net result (yeah, pun-intended): approx. 8 plus trout brought to the net as well as a greater number not hooked due to my inability to recognize the strike or my inability to respond quickly enough to Nic's instruction to "set" the hook. The fish actually caught included brown, brook and rainbows. While all the trout were small, this did not diminish the experience.

All in all, a great afternoon for a very fair fee which included rod, wader and flies. This met my goals of good instruction and fish caught. Also, no flies lost and no falls into the streams, thanks to Nic's steady hand as this 70 year-old was crossing the streams. I'm only sorry I live on the East Coast and probably can't return soon to Estes Park. Thanks again, Nic for your patience, good humor and good instruction. This experience not only gave me helpful information, but also increased my confidence in fly fishing in the future.

Georgia
51 attraction reviews
“Making Memories”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I purchased a guided fly fishing trip for my husband and sons as a Fathers Day gift. They enjoyed it tremendously. Jerry was their guide, and he was excellent. He was a great teacher and a pretty good source of entertainment too. He also shared some good fishing spots for them to return to later in the week which was greatly appreciated. He taught them how to read the water and be able to tell what kind of flys to use. Important information for folks from the southeast who are use to spin caster fishing with a float and live bait.