“More than we could have hoped for” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 32 Shopping in Estes Park
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a family owned and operated, full pro-line fly shop & mountain adventure company, located in beautiful Estes Park, Colorado, gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park. Offering Guided Fly Fishing Day Trips, Private Water Trips, Overnight Backpacking Trips, Horseback & Llama Pack Trips, Day Hikes, Longs Peak Trips, Snowshoe Trips and more in Rocky Mountain National Park and the surrounding Estes Valley.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Tel Aviv, Israel
8 attraction reviews
“More than we could have hoped for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I visited Estes Park in early August together with my 13-year old son. We had booked a one day trip through Kirk's and were met by an excellent guide named Geoff. Neither of us had ever fly-fished before, but by Geoff’s excellent explanations and teaching it took little time before we actually managed to throw the flies and soon after we started to catch real trouts. Geoff's knowledge and communication skills are excellent and his patience with novices who lose flies and mess up their fly-line is amazing. We had a great day with Geoff which not only included fishing, but also intelligent discussion about other things. At the end of the day we decided to book another half-day trip the next day. That following day we caught 3-4 pound trouts and while fishing is not only about the catch, these were catches of a life-time.
Kirk’s provided us with top-notch equipment and courteous service and while I like to recommended businesses how to improve the experience, I don’t real have anything to suggest.

Visited August 2013

“Had a great coach - guide Jay Detweiler SP? - a great day - in an awesome place / stream and trees and oh by the way caught nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

See the title - Coach Jay, Big Thompson and catching trout are great. Kirk's Fly Fishing in Estes Park provided great service and connected me with Jay and the special place on the Big Thompson. As an experienced fly caster I learned from Jay a great deal. From best way to grip and hold the rod while back-side casting to the combination of flies and indicator as well as increasing my focus on the indicator and setting hook on slightest movement.
Thanks again to all.
Oh I did catch good fish which was icing on a great time.

Visited July 2013
Hiawatha, Kansas
16 attraction reviews
“Family vacation 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Husband, 14 year old daughter, and myself went on an all day fishing trip with Chris. Caught tons of fish, learned a few new things, and just had a wonderful day. Thanks for a nice experience!

Wausau, Wisconsin
11 attraction reviews
“Caught plenty of fish and learned some new techniques”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Kirks Fly Shop is the best shop in Estes, the staff is very friendly and helpful. Their selection of equipment is excellent. I booked a 4 hour wade trip and was not disappointed. I caught plenty of fish and learned some tips and tricks. I will book another trip upon my return, only next time I'll book earlier in the trip.

Columbia, Missouri
4 attraction reviews
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Used Kirks for hiking one afternoon and a whole day fly fishing the next and loved it. They set us up with the same guide for both days so we got to know him really well. Although we were unable to complete the hike due to health reasons the guide took us around the park and to areas we could explore instead. I would recomend this to anyone. If you are going to hike though give yourself a few days in the altitude though.