“A GREAT DAY Fishing on the Colorado River” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 32 activities in Estes Park
Type: Shops, Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We are a family owned and operated, full pro-line fly shop & mountain adventure company, located in beautiful Estes Park, Colorado, gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park. Offering Guided Fly Fishing Day Trips, Private Water Trips, Overnight Backpacking Trips, Horseback & Llama Pack Trips, Day Hikes, Longs Peak Trips, Snowshoe Trips and more in Rocky Mountain National Park and the surrounding Estes Valley.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Salinas, California
“A GREAT DAY Fishing on the Colorado River”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I've had the pleasure to have made numerous guided trips with Kirk over the past 7 years. Last week we headed to a 10 mile section of the Colorado River near Kremmling. This is a new trip offering from him and we had a blast. It takes a while to get there but this remote Colorado River fishing experience is more than worth it. My wife and I have seen this part of the river many times while enjoying riding the train between California and Colorado. The occasional train is all you see as there are no main roads in the area. It was truly a "bucket list" fishing experience! Ask Kirk about his pink-legged girdle bugs. "Set, Set, Set!"

Visited May 2013

aurelia iowa
“return customer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

In the past year I and my family have taken several fly fishing trips with Kirks flyshop. We took an eight person horse trip to Spruce Lake and followed a bull moose up the trail as we went. I and a friend also came in March and had an amazing time.
Will Beggs has been our guide the last 3 years. He is a quiet spoken young guy who not only knows fishing but people. He knew that my friend and I wanted to find some fish and he also knew a 8 horse fishing trip was about family.
My wife and I have a time share in Estes and it only took 3 visits before the people in Kirks flyshop new us by name. It is great to see a family business like this prosper.
I will always be grateful return customer.

Visited March 2013
Columbia, Missouri
4 attraction reviews
“Kirk's Fly Shop and Guide Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

At least a couple of times a year I make the trek from Missouri to Colorado and make it a point to spend time in Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park. As I love both fly fishing and photography, I always stop at Kirk's for news on places to go and what the trout are hitting. Kirk, his family and team are so helpful and several times I have booked trips to various spots for guided fishing. The options are endless and always memorable. The shop has lots of great stuff for the outdoor fanatic...plus great fishing gear. I highly recommend you stop by the shop when in Estes.

Visited December 2012
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
“Great for first timers too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Hadn't been fly fishing before. Have now taken 2 tours with Kirk's. The guides will usually take you where you want to go (as long as it matches your ability level) and have everything you need. We went in to Rocky Mountain National Park and loved it, so relaxing and a really neat experience.

Visited July 2012
New York City, New York
9 attraction reviews
“Great guide, great fishing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We booked a day long fly fishing trip with Kirks and it was the highlight of our trip to Estes Park. We stopped in the day before (as recommended) to get fitted for our waders and boots so that on the morning of our trip we could get out and get fishing as quickly as possible. Our guide, Luke, was great and took our skill level into account (1 novice and 1 with some experience) We wanted to fish the park so he took us to a great spot where we caught a good number of trout. It looked like rain so we packed up, had lunch and then headed out of the park to fish the Big Thompson - where we stayed ahead of the rain. We fished the Big Thompson for several more hours and caught quite a few fish there as well. We will definitely book again with Kirks the next time we are in Estes Park and will ask for Luke again as he was a great guide.

Visited August 2012