We stayed in a king-size room for four nights in June. Our room was on the second floor and had a view of the mountains and lake Estes, and our own balcony. The rooms were fairly big and clean. It was a bit difficult not to have air conditioning with the hot nights but they do provide a fan for you and the nights cool off eventually. We were able to leave the door open to our balcony (there is a screen door), and that cooled it down after a while. There was a minifridge in the room and a microwave in the lodge office. There's a hot tub outside for guest use--- it's a shame the pool isn't up and running though, would have been nice after all the hot days and the hiking we did! We didn't go down to the fish pond and lower area but it looked nice. The location is great-- very close to downtown Estes Park and near a large grocery store.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Discovery Lodge. We are within walking distance of downtown Estes Park Colorado. Although we are located near downtown, the views of the Rocky Mountains are clearly visible and some of the best. Here at the Discovery Lodge you are located just 10 minutes from the Rocky Mountain National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Discovery Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Hotel Estes Park
- Discovery Motel Estes Park