Booked this place last minute because it was the most affordable, had a hot tub, and was close to town. Rebecca, the manager, was awesome! She was extremely friendly offering tidbits on the local hot spots and restaurants (including discounts). Additionally, it was a slow night so she took the liberty of upgrading us to a room with a huge balcony, fire place, and when we asked where the hot tub was she said she would make sure we were staying right next to it.
The place wasn't empty, by any means, as we saw others going into their rooms - so I think it's more than just a slow night that they do this.
The pond is cool and there's wildlife everywhere in Estes so that was fun. The room had a nice flat screen tv on a swivel on the wall hooked to a DVD player. So it was nice to be able to watch a movie in front of a fire while sitting on the in room futon. Then climb into bed and see the tv from there.
Accomodations, amenities, and staff made this a great stay. Since I'm from Denver I'll be making this a perfect runaway for me.
- Also Known As:
- Discovery Hotel
- Discovery Hotel Estes Park
- Discovery Motel Estes Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Discovery Lodge. We are within walking distance of downtown Estes Park Colorado. Although we are located near downtown, the views of the Rocky Mountains are clearly visible and some of the best. Here at the Discovery Lodge you are located just 10 minutes from the Rocky Mountain National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Discovery Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.