“Hospitable, relaxing, and wonderful stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gilded Pine Meadows Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Gilded Pine Meadows Bed and Breakfast
You added Gilded Pine Meadows Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
861 Big Horn Drive, Estes Park, CO 80517   |
Ranked #4 of 20 Estes Park B&B and Inns
Denver, Colorado
“Hospitable, relaxing, and wonderful stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed at Gilded Pine Meadows this past weekend to get away from the city. I've stayed at several bed and breakfasts, and this experience was by far the most positive. Eric and Caprissa are wonderful hosts; very down to earth, welcoming, helpful, and we had great conversations. Eric made dinner reservations for us, had excellent hiking recommendations, and gave us directions. The breakfasts were incredible, the bed was comfortable, and we hot tubbed under a clear, starlit sky. For those who like antiques, they have an incredible collection, their entire house is beautifully decorated. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Evanston, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Sumptuous, innovative and filling breakfast served in a table with ever changing table mats and plates, a house full of quaint artifacts and a lot of history, spotless rooms and the cozy setting of the property, impeccable suggestions and guidance from the hosts (Eric and Capressa) - all this much more than enough to make our (me, my wife and my in-laws) 3 night stay in Estes park/ RMNP memorable. But yet, when you leave, you realize, you have somehow gotten something unquantifiable. Call it friendship, love or the savoring humor, it was that extra thing that made this stay worth more than you could just measure in stars.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Eric really went out of his way to make our stay as comfortable as possible. He suggested hiking trails and restaurants, and even made reservations for us. We stayed there for 2 days and he cooked us a wonderful breakfast on both days.
My only issue was with the room - we wanted to save money and booked the smaller bedroom in the house. The room, bed, and bathroom are really tiny. Go for the larger bedroom if you have a lot of luggage - we had two small suitcases and still felt cramped. The room is really just enough for one adult.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Gilded Pine Meadows while in Estes Park to attend a wedding. Eric was a great host and the breakfast was delicious. It is a quiet location just out of downtown, but it is easily walkable to downtown. We will definitely stay there again if in Estes Park!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand-Leez
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Don't have to say a lot, in a few words Eric was the perfect host! We understand now what western hospitality means, Eric make reservations for us at a local restaurant, plan our trip to the Park etc etc,If you are looking for a reasonable priced B&B, close to downtown but not too close, head to the Gilded Pine Meadows, you will arrive as guest and will leave as friend
"MERCI BEAUCOUP" Eric for what you did for us

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Mount Vernon, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I made a solo trip to Estes Park after spending a week at the Univ. of Colorado in Boulder for a seminar. Wanting to get a little R & R, I found the GPM on the internet and read the trip advisor reviews. Nearly all of them were perfect so I decided to book a three night stay so I could enjoy the Mountains and scenic beauty.

I found out very quickly what hospitality meant when I visited GPM. If you've never been to a B & B before, this place is the standard. The owners, Caprissa and her husband Eric, understand exactly what a B & B should be. There hospitality was first rate.

When I arrived at 4pm on Saturday, Eric was patiently waiting for me. I quickly found out that the house is a piece of Estes Park history. Eric was more than happy to explain the home's history from 1907! The home was beautifully decorated with vintage western style furniture, silver wear, and antiques. The parlor was wonderfully decorated. It even had a 19th century piano that was the first to be commercially sold. The room that I stayed in was well kept and comfortable. I had no complaints. Breakfast was SUPERB! Honestly, it was probably some of the best prepared breakfast I have ever had. I say this without any hesitation that it is the best breakfast in Estes Park hands down. My favorite was the freshly chopped apples and bananas mixed with yogurt and coconut shaving blended with granola. Unbelievable recipe!

Eric was an excellent hostess. He provided me with advice on where to eat, driving directions, or just his interesting conversation. Every afternoon Eric would make my reservations for dinner at a local restaurant (which he did not have to do). His recommendations were always good. He knew which places to frequent and which places to avoid in town. If you're interested in hiking in the Rocky Mt. Nat. Park, again Eric knows exactly what hikes to make. I made two hikes early in the morning that Eric helped plan. Eric was nice enough to wake up early to prepare breakfast for me (which again, I stress, he did not have to do) so I could hike with a full stomach. How many B & B's would do that? Not many!

If you're looking for a reasonably priced B & B close to Estes Park, but not so close you're in the downtown area, head to GPM. The owners are class and understand the dynamics of a B & B. They're down to earth people who treat their guests with unrivaled hospitality. Cheers GPM!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I booked the Bed and Breakfast for my son and girlfriend who was attending a wedding across the road. I asked them how the place was. From start to finish they enjoyed their stay. Eric met them at check in and gave them the history of the place and welcomed like they were family. This was the first time for both at a bed and breakfast and after the experience will not be their last. The room was well decorated and comfortable. They spoke highly about breakfast and stated they would pay just to have breakfast there. Eric was a great host and even offered to pick them up at the wedding if they had to much to drink. I will highly recommend this bed and breakfast to all based on my sons experience.Thanks to Eric for making there stay enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Gilded Pine Meadows Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!