“Copper Penny Horse Show” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Columbine Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Estes Park
Columbine Inn
You added Columbine Inn to your Saves list
1540 Big Thompson Avenue, Estes Park, CO 80517   |
Ranked #16 of 30 Hotels in Estes Park
Berthoud, Colorado
“Copper Penny Horse Show”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My daughter and I stayed one night while she was showing in the Copper Penny. The Inn is 5 minutes from the fairgrounds. The room was small by today's standards but VERY clean and had all the amenities we needed for the night. The continental breakfast isn't fancy but works fine for a quick bite to eat. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel experience you probably won't be happy here. If you are looking for a nice, quiet, clean, comfortable, affordable, place to stay I would definitely recommend staying here. I told John about the horse show when we checked in. I took my daughter to the fairgrounds early and came back later to get our stuff and check out. John remembered why we were in Estes and he told me to tell her good luck. I told him she'd already won a 2nd and he was very happy for her and the great start to her show day. Will definitely stay here next year!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
vancouver island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is a great Motel at Estes Park Colorado. We spent one night on our way through Rocky Mountain National Park. Loved the accommodations, the benches outside the unit, grounds with picnic tables, hot tub. John is very helpful and had lots of brochures and maps in the reception. The only thing we didn't like was there is no coffee in the room and we left before the continental breakfast but not a big deal.
Loved the comfy feeling of the place and would definitely recommend it and stay again.
The walk to town is uphill both ways and it was very hot so have a look before you walk to town

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Loveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our trip to the Rockies, the room was very clean, comfortable and well priced. The location was great, and the owner, John was very friendly and helpful about places to eat and things to see in the area. I would highly recommend this motel to anyone.

Room Tip: Always ask to see the room before you pay.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This place is clean but in desperate need of updating. We stayed in a "suite" which had a kitchenette and a gas fireplace. The room is so outdated it's uncomfortable. The fixtures are leftovers from the late 60's or early 70's. The gas fireplace smelled so bad (like improperly vented) that you couldn't use it. The bed had the ugliest, oldest bedspread,a really cheap blanket,and only two lumpy pillows. No nightstand on one side so had to put water bottle, phone, etc on floor. There's a very small flat screen TV and slow Wi-Fi. If you don't clean up your own dishes apparently you're charged an extra "service fee". Isn't that why you pay for a suite? I can't help but think of the TV show "Hotel Impossible" and how the host would have a field day with this place!
My husband chose this property as we attended a family wedding and some people were on a budget. I work in the travel industry and always stay in 3 star plus lodging. I can't help but think there must be much better lodging for the same price or even less here in Estes Park. The surroundings here are so beautiful but there's no view at this motel, nothing special, no amenities, no extra pillows, no hair dryers, no hair conditioner,no ironing boards. The room even smelled funky. All I could think of is, why dont hotel owners put a little money into fixing a place up, and provide basic amenities? Don't they want their guests to be comfortable? I say don't bother staying here. This place needs a serious makeover!

Room Tip: Don't bother!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Palmer, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The owner (John) of the Columbine Inn is very accommodating and helpful in finding things to do and places to eat in the Estes Park area.
Also, the Columbine Inn offers a variety of rooms for all types of travelers. Aside from the regular rooms, our group utilized the jacuzzi suite, family suite, and fireplace suite and they accommodated to our needs.

• Stayed May 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The owner/manager was friendly enough. But when I found out there was no wi-fi signal from them, he blamed it on some guests who had left that day and suggested that I try to link into the neighboring motel's wi-fi and gave me a bogus password (so much for getting some work done for clients that evening)... That night my husband and I were treated to the worst night's sleep we've gotten in a very long time, thanks to the horribly uncomfortable beds. Followed by a shower that barely drained. We both ended up leaving grumpy, exhausted, and dissatisfied.

Room Tip: Good luck.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Parker
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

This is is ok. It is a simple hotel. There is a tv, refrigerator, towels, and extra blanket. It has electric heat. It has air if needed. Breakfast is a roll or cereal with milk. No worries McDonalds is only 1.2 miles up the road. Breakfast does not start till 7. Check out is at 10.

On a budget you get what you pay for. No extras however it is clean and the owner is pleasant. The hot tube is outside and it does work.

The picture on the website implies that you are close to the park and elk are everywhere. Not really close but not far. You in the valley surrounded by mountains. Very nice site. Grounds are well kept. Felt safe and secure. There is a paved walking path next to the road into town. Deer wander through area occasionally.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Columbine Inn? Share your experiences!