“Treated like family” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Skyline Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Skyline Cottages
You added Skyline Cottages to your Saves list
1752 Highway 66, Estes Park, CO 80517   |
austin, tx
“Treated like family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2008

My son and I ended a 5 day backcountry trip at RMNP 2 days early because of complications. We had a reservation after our trip was supposed to end, but the proprietors of the establishment accomodated us without any hesitation whatsoever! We had no vehicle during our stay and the new soon to be owner, Kelly, was so kind to drive us to our cabin. We were so worn out from our adventure, she even went out of her way to provide us with some food, snacks, and drinks to get us through the night. Later on in the day, she moved us to the main cottage group. We stayed 3 days in cottage #2. Let me tell you, the jacuzzi tub was a godsend. There's even a TV to watch while you soak. The units are very clean and comfortable. Everything is turnkey. From dishes to cook with to worms for fishing (sold by the new owners young son.)There are BBQ grills for each unit. If you are looking for comfort and great hospitality then this is your place. If you are looking for 5 star accomodations then seek elsewhere. Remember, these are cottages in the Rocky Mountains, not villas in the Alps. The cottages are going through new ownership and you can expect some great changes in the future. I had the chance to take a look at some of the other cottages, and they are all unique. They have different size cabins to accomodate the number of your group. And yes, the property is really on the Big Thompson River. There is plenty of seating on the deck and riverwalk area to take in the calming sounds of the river. The property is very close to Rocky Mountain National Park. Although, Estes Park is at the other end of town, shuttles pick you up just a couple of blocks from the property. Like I said, we had no vehicle and we utilized the shuttle system to Estes Park, Beaver Meadows Visitor Center, and RMNP with no problems. We will never forget our time at Skyline Cottages. Thanks to Kelly, her husband, and their family, our stay was unforgettable. Thanks for treating us like family and you can be assurred that we will return for many years to come.

• Liked — hospitality
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Chandler, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2008

We stayed in #4. We booked 3 nights and only stayed 2. We left early even though we paid for the 3rd night. It was that bad. First thing I noticed on entering was a horrible smell coming from the kitchen area. Then it only had 1/4 a roll of toilet paper in the entire place. And both mornings we woke up to some awful sound at sunrise that sounded like something was trying to chew through the walls. I'm still not sure what that was. Bed was advertised on the website as being something great. I have back problems so that's one reason we booked this one since they specified the bed. I could feel the springs going into my back.

On the plus side, great location and the owners are very friendly. It's probably a good place to stay if you get one of the newer cabins, but stay away from #4. It's a real dump. They don't put any of the money they receive from it back into the cabin. The drapes, stove, bed, etc. are all from the 60s or 70s.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — smelly
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
denver, colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2007

These are not your sterile cookie cutter cottages. They are homey and very pet friendly. The view from the property is unmatched and the river/patio area is fabulous. We found the cottage to be clean and fully equipped for cooking. The owner is fun and loves animals!!

Stayed September 2007
Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2007

What a complete dump.

• Liked — Location to Estes Park
  • Disliked — Everything. We will NEVER go there again.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2007

This property is in a good location. You can bring your pets.
HOWEVER, it is old, old, and overpriced. We had "Cabin" #5. It has a deck, a view of the river, and a view of the mountains. The owner is never there. We arrived on a Sunday around 2:15 PM. She was not there. We came back at 3:00 PM, she was not there. We came back at 3:45 PM and she was not there but there was a note on a chalkboard dated 3:30 PM that she was not there and we could go to our cabin. We finally left at 5:30 PM to go and eat hoping that we could get back in with no key. The cabins are all old except for the new one, #3. Ours, #5, is makeshift and is very old. Read the other reviews of this property first. I do not expect that these cabins will be there much longer as development is about to overtake this area with new condos and duplexes. My recomendation is go elsewhere.

Stayed September 2007
co
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2007

The owner never stated that there would be a cancellation fee after I asked about it. She charged me when I tried to cancel 3 days in advance. Nowhere on the Website does it talk about a fee, and I asked when I booked if my card would be charged and she said only if I don't show up. When I reminded her of that, she said "so- I don't have to tell you about it. It's stated in my office, and that's all I'm required to do." Can't believe that there are still businesses so desparate that they have to stoop to this level.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
las vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2007

My stay at Skyline Was absolutely wonderful. The cottages were so immaculant and clean. We had a wonderful stay. Suzi the owner was so pleasant and sweet and we would definitely stay at her cottages again.

Megan Sutton
Las Vegas, Nevada

• Liked — The great clean cabins. I was very relaxed and had a great time.
  • Disliked — absolutely nothing. IT was perfect
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Skyline Cottages? Share your experiences!