“Terrible Experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Dripping Springs Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Dripping Springs Resort
You added Dripping Springs Resort to your Saves list
37 Dripping Springs Lane, Estes Park, CO 80515   |
Ranked #6 of 20 Estes Park B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Colorado
“Terrible Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2008

My husband and I booked the "Rustic Cabin". It was the most terrible place that I have EVER stayed. I thought the cabin would be set away from the rest of the facility but it was right next to another unit. That would have been okay except the cabin was aweful. Rustic makes me think of an old mountain cabin, not a fancy sort of place. This place might be old but it was dirty, unmaintained and shabby. Just being old doesn't make it rustic. It was carpeted and the carpeting was stained everywhere. The windows were covered by flour sacks and that would be okay if they were cleaning and hanging from rods but they were dusty, stained and dirty and many of the wall brackets for the rods were broken, some were just laying on the floor. If it had ever been cleaned someone might have noticed them on the floor. The sleeper sofa was 80's era and was so grungy that I barely had courage to put my luggage on it, let alone think about sleeping in it. The bed was worn out, low quality and the foot of the bed was higher than the head of the bed. The drab comforter and few throw pillows looked like they had not been cleaned in a long time. I just prayed the sheets were laundered and I dared not to look to close to find out. The modern kitchen must have meant it had electricity because there was nothing special about it at all. After seeing the rest of this place I didn't dare use any of the eqiupment in there. The bathroom was the worst. The towels were faded, thin and the white colors had turned to gray. There was a sign by the toilet to not flush paper products. We were supposed to wipe and toss THAT in the trash can? The shower consisted of an attached metal wall 3 feet way from the corner walls. The shower head dripped constantly. The very worst part was that the shower NEVER drained. It was so gross that I had to wear my shoes in there when showering. The standing water was 2-3 inches deep at all times. And you know what? Tthe person at the desk KNEW the shower didn't drain! They know what poor care and upkeep this cabin has had and yet they keep booking people into it instead of taking care of it. I can't believe we paid good money to stay in this wreck. I'm not a prissy person and have spent many trips sleeping in a sleeping bag in a tent. I would have rather done that on this trip than stay in this place.

Truly, this was the worst place I have ever experienced. Staying at the Super 8 would have been 100 times better. The river by Dripping Springs was beautiful but you can see the river from lots of other places.

• Liked — Leaving when our 2 days were up.
  • Disliked — It was dirty, unkept, shabby and disgusting
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Dublin, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2008

I had made my reservation here and was so looking forward to a nice peaceful vacation. Unfortunately, my son had a seizure and three days prior to our trip I had to cancel. They charged me IN FULL for the cost of the entire stay! That was $766 down the drain! This left a really bad feeling for me about this place and I had never even been there. My advice for this place is to avoid it and make your reservation somewhere else. There seem to be so many other places in this area to choose from that are more flexible.

Stayed July 2008
amybflaherty, Manager at Dripping Springs Resort, responded to this review, July 21, 2008
With over 200 lodging places in the area, there are definitely a lot of choices, and a lot of different ways folks here make their policies. One overall standard however in the small business lodging industry, especially in a resort town such as Estes Park, is last minute cancellations. Every resort/inn in the area has a policy that states last minute cancellations are expected to take responsibility for their reservation.
We sympathize when circumstances arise, however we received a very simple email stating they had to cancel with no reasons given, two days prior to arrival. It is very difficult to rebook a cabin at such short notice, and many phone calls were turned away for that cabin prior to this short notice cancellation.
We urge all our guests to purchase trip insurance, whether vacationing with us or with anyone else. All guests are very informed of our policies from the moment they reserve their stay with us.
We strive to provide fairness and flexibility to our guests, and above all provide a peaceful and relaxing environment.
Westminster,CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2008

This was our 2nd visit to the Dripping Springs this year and we have already booked a 3rd! This time we stayed in the Pinewood Cabin and it is by far my favorite! The cabin is rustic, which adds to it's charm in my book, clean, full of character and in a GREAT LOCATION. You are quite close to the river and can hear it at all times - great way to fall asleep. The firepit gives you the feel of camping (who doesn't like smores in the mtns), and the hot tub under the stars spoils you with an amazing view. Also, there are two hammocks on the BnB side of the property and one of them is right next to the river - a perfect place to read a book or relax for a bit.

The inn keepers, Amy and Bart have found their calling. They are very friendly and quick to provide helpful tips for hiking in RMNP or great dinner spots in Estes (If you like Italian you should try Sweet Basilico's). If you stay in the BnB, which is the other side of the property, the breakfasts are wonderful - just read some of the other reviews.

If you are heading to the Estes Park area and enjoy rustic charm, this cabin and property are for you. Don't forget some marshmallows, a good book and your hiking boots.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Shower
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2008

Absolutely adored our cabin (the Alamo)! Very private, next to a beautiful river. Small and rustic, a perfect get away from the hustle and bustle of life. The Inn property is also beautiful along the Thompson River, perfect for fishing or a lazy afternoon in a hammock. Bart and Amy are wonderful hosts and are very happy to cook a marvelous breakfast. We will definitely "remember the Alamo!"

• Liked — the location on the river and privacy
  • Disliked — may be time for a new mattress
Manning, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2008

Our stay at the B & B was enjoyable and very relaxing. Amy and Bart are great hosts. Breakfast was fun with different people every morning. The food was excellent, you will be full! Overall, it was as cozy as we thought it would be. It was very peacefull. We will definantly go back sometime.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Buffalo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2008

Colorado: Dripping Springs Inn, Estes Park
July 2, 2008

This was a bed and breakfast that went way beyond the call of duty and gave us unforgettable memories for the rest of our lives.

I called one month in advance about booking an elopement package, as all the pieces fell into place and the time was perfect to start on our new journey together.

The managers of the Inn, Amy and Bart, were so helpful and caring as the whirlwind of wedding plans began.

All I had to do was ask, and it was done. It could not have been easier or more enjoyable - a perfect celebration without all the stress and worry.

All kinds of accommodations were availble, but we wanted a cabin that was on the river, cozy, peaceful, and romantic. We got all we wanted and more. The cabin had a nice kitchen but we used the outdoor barbeque to whip up quick delicious meals to eat by the romantic river. The inn offered gourmet picnic lunches in case we went hiking and wanted to eat during the hike.

We wanted to be married by the river with flowers and candles, seats for guests, and with the gorgeous view of the Rocky Mountains bathed in a spectacular orange sky at sunset. We got it all with plans for a wedding inside beside a cozy fireplace in a quaint beautifully decorated dining room if the weather did not co-operate.

Homemade, delicious breakfasts, a big, warm hottub by the river all ready to jump into, a massage by the river in a lovely massage house, indoor and outdoor fireplaces, a picnic table, lounge chairs, and a checker - top game table with board games were provided.

Rocky Mountain National Park was right there with all its outdoor activities. What views - but we had to watch the weather as Mother Nature tended to change the afternoon weather rather quickly. The Stanley Hotel - famous for its connections to the movie "The Shining", was just down the road and had wonderful tours and dining facilities. Amy and Bart arranged for my family to go on a 2 hour tour of this hotel earlier in the day . They also made reservations for us to have dinner there after the wedding ceremony.

We are planning to return every year for our wedding anniversaries. No place could be better!

• Liked — Amy and Bart - the inn's managers.
  • Disliked — nothing
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Denver CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2008

The Dripping Springs Resort and Cabins was just the thing my husband and I needed for our stay in Estes Park. I was attending the annual Wool Market and he wanted to fly-fish and relax. The cabin we stayed in, the Alamo, was the perfect little place to stay. It offered a kitchen, BBQ grill, hot tub, and last but not least 1/4 mile of private fishing waters.

While there, my husband caught a number of fish. I was able to relax after long days of taking classes by hot tubbing. We even spotted a black bear across the river.

All in all, the Dripping Springs was a pleasant stay. We'll be going back!

• 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Dripping Springs Resort? Share your experiences!