“Amazing stay at the Maxwell!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 29 hotels in Estes Park
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Amazing stay at the Maxwell!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Very comfortable rooms, fully accesorized but most of all - the owners were so hospitable and nice! We came with a gas stove to cook a bit in the room but it didn't work, and the owners were willing to let us use their own kitchen stove. That's what I call dedication!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Delta, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

My traveling allows me to visit numerous cities throughout the United States. This trip to Estes Park will always be remembered by the friendly owners at The Maxwell Inn. Once I arrived in town locals recommended that I stay at the hotel because of the friendly owners and location to the towns attractions. This hotel was located within walking distance to the downtown area.

Rooms were obviously recently remodeled. All items in the room were new and did not show any signs of wear and tear. Bathroom fixtures were clean and modern. The owners did not cut any corners with remodeling this hotel.

Noise was not an issue for me as the hotel is located far enough away from traffic. The only noise I could hear was the sounds of the Elk passing in the area. This was the best sound to experience while visiting colorado. If you want to see elk up close visit Estes Park.

I believe my stay at The Maxwell Inn has totaled 12 weeks in total. Yes 12 weeks at this hotel and it was an excellent place to stay. One of my weeks was over the Thanksgiving holiday. The owners main concern was that I had a place to enjoy a good meal and invited me to Thanksgiving dinner.

I would highly recommend this hotel for my friends and family.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
MaxwellInn, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Rick - it was a pleasure to be able to accommodate you for such an extended time. We are truly glad that you were able to make our Inn your home away from home while you were working in Estes. Thank you for your appreciation of our friendly customer service, quaint and quiet room. We also are happy to hear that you enjoyed meeting our family, so much of the hospitality business is making people feel welcome and like family. Follow our website or Facebook page to see the renovations that are continuing since your departure. And as always, come back and see us again sometime!
Irkutsk, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We did not plan to go to Estes Park due to the shutdown, but then decided to visit the Rocky Mountain NP after reopening. The Maxwell Inn was on the top in Tripadvisor list and I booked it with no doubt. We easily found that nice place by navigator. Our room was not made, so, we had to move to room #9, which was clean, warm and comfortable. I cannot say we had a nice view from our room. The weather was very favourable to us - on the way to EP from DEN we drove in heavy snow, what was not easy. Next morning we had shining sun and blue sky. Breakfast is a kind of homestay style - simple, good and friendly. It is served at the reception area. The location is not in the downtown, you have to walk for 5-10 minutes to the central shopping street for food and entertainment. There is a good microbrewery in EP, highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
MaxwellInn, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Vlad and Family - Thank you for choosing to stay at The Maxwell Inn. Our apologies again about the room not being ready when you arrived - however we're glad we could immediately get you into a comparable room that you found clean, warm, and comfortable! Our town very much appreciated those that decided to give Estes a chance after the flood, and I think you found that we got back to normal pretty quick! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on our Inn and we hope to see you again!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed at the Maxwell Inn for 3 nites at the end of 2013. The room (#4) was comfortable and roomy, with nice extras like a fridge and microwave. I have back trouble, and the bed, although fairly new, was too soft for me. I asked if they had a pad or something I could put on the floor, and within hours they had set up a twin bed for me, and made sure I was comfortable. They couldn't have been nicer. It would be good to have some dresser drawers too, but other reviews have indicated that those are planned. The breakfast room was cosy and had a decent selection of cereal, fruit, yogurt, coffee, etc. We will definitely be back!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at The Maxwell Inn. When you told me that you may have to leave due to issues with the bed and your back, I knew I wanted to at least try to make you comfortable for the remainder of your stay. It makes us happy to know that we could accommodate you and that you were able to enjoy the rest of your stay in Estes park. As for the suggestions about drawers in the room, we have our carpenter working feverishly this winter in order to complete more custom made furniture with drawers! Thank you again for allowing us to address, in the moment, any issues/concerns you had about your stay. We look forward to having you two stay with us again in the near future.
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed last weekend in Estes Park for our son's wedding, the Maxwell Inn is in a great location just outside of town. The owners are onsite and go above and beyond to make your stay warm and inviting. They really embrace the role as innkeepers! We enjoyed our stay very much, the rooms are beyond clean, if you are used to the chain hotels you will be spoiled by a stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
MaxwellInn, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Bruce - it was pleasure chatting and getting to know you and your family! Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we hope that if/when you return to Estes Park that we can be your first choice for lodging. We wish you and your family a wonderful holiday season and a Happy New Year!
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Maxwell Inn in late October and Early November 2013. The motel is under new management, a very friendly young couple who work very hard to make sure your stay is a good one. Our room was very clean and the beds were quite comfortable. We did find that there was not adequate drawer space for a trip lasting more than a few days, and the chairs in the room were not comfortable at all. We were told these are on the list of improvements to be made soon. We wish Dana and Peter great success. They are off to a good start.

Room Tip: Room 9 is a great room to have when it is cold outside. It is right above the boiler and the floor...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
MaxwellInn, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Gail - Thank you for your feedback and review. Yes, we are continuing to improve the Inn by replacing old furniture pieces with new custom made furnishings. All 17 rooms recently got new headboards that were made by a local Fine Furniture business. That same business is working on new nightstands for all the rooms and then new 3 and 4 drawer dressers are on the books. The only constant in nature is change and we are embracing the notion. We welcome you to Estes and congratulate you on becoming locals!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

The Maxwell inn was the perfect place. The owners Dana and Peter greeted us with genuine smiles and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Priced perfectly we were pleasantly surprised, we went for a wedding in Estes an wanted an alternative to the high priced stanley hotel. The rooms were immaculate, renovated and comfortable. The breakfast was very nice and I especially liked the small fireplace in the breakfast room. You won't be disappointed. I will definitely go back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
MaxwellInn, Owner at The Maxwell Inn, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
What better way to enjoy a get-away to Estes Park, than to check into a cozy clean hotel room and be able to relax. We believe that a guests experience starts at check-in, so we try to be as welcoming as we can. A guests 2nd impression happens when you step into your room, most guests expect to find a clean room and bathroom and our housekeepers (who are human), strive to make sure every guest has the same clean experience when they walk into their room. Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn and most importantly, for staying at The Maxwell Inn! We hope you get to come back soon.

Been to The Maxwell Inn? Share your experiences!