“Great Lodging Great Proximity” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Misty Mountain Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Misty Mountain Lodge
232 E Riverside Drive, Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO 80517   |
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great Lodging Great Proximity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

Starting with the proximity, Misty Mountain Lodge is very well situated. It is right in downtown Estes but just off the main drag so you don't have a feel of the hustle and bustle of the busy streets. It is in walking distance of most shops and attractions. There are plenty of places to eat and even a comfy little "Tiki Room" right across the street.

The owners are friendly and accommodating. When it was getting late in the evening and we hadn't arrived, Peter even called to make sure we were okay and would still be coming. I like the fact that they have little social hours for the guests. It is a great family place, who wouldn't enjoy smores around a roaring fire?

We stayed in Suite 16 and I was very happy with it. When my husband saw it he immediately said, "make sure you get a card so we can make reservations again." Our room included a living room with a fireplace and television (which we never watched, there was too much to do), and a fully equipped kitchen. The appliances were extremely clean, and the refrigerator was so clean it looked brand new inside. There is a 1/2 bath off of the living room and the bedroom contained a comfortable king sized bed and an adjoined full bath.

I am a bit of a "germaphobe" and everything was very neat and very clean. For those that think it was old, it's a cabin not the Ritz! It was clean, relaxing and had the feeling of home.

There is a hot tub there, but I never used it so I can't comment on it. There are several well maintained barbecue grills available and the utensils needed are provided.

As far as pricing is concerned, considering the location, I think the price is reasonable. I did visit with someone who was staying at a similar venue which was located a very short distance from mine, they only had a studio style apartment, very small, no storage (where Misty Mountain Lodge has ample closet space) and they were only paying $10 less. I definitely got more bang for my buck.

If you are looking for great, reasonably priced lodging, and people that truly care about their business and the clientele then Misty Mountain Lodge is where you want to stay.

Room Tip: Although Suite 16 is on the first floor and I was very happy with it. If you are a light sleeper you...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

126 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

Our daughter was getting married and chose to have a wedding in Estes Park, Colorado. After doing much research, she and her fiancee' settled on the Misty Mountain Lodge for our lodging accomodations. This was an outstanding decision. We booked 14 of the suites for four days for wedding guests that were coming from out of state. The Lodge is close enough to downtown Estes Park to walk for shopping or dining and has a magnificent view of the mountains surrounding this quaint town and was close to many local attractions such as Rocky Mountain National Park and Trout fishing. The lodge was located one street over from the main street through town. This provided a quiet and serene setting. There were a wide variety of layouts, some with multiple bedrooms, some with one. Some with fireplaces. Some without. Most, if not all had full kitchens. Cable TV and WiFi and Hot Tubs were also available.
The staff was extremely accomodating and went the extra mile to ensure our daughter's and future son in law's experience was a very memorable one. The manager/owner built a fire in the courtyard at night in a pit for anyone who wished to participate in roasting marshmallows. He even arranged for group transportation for the wedding party to/and from the wedding rehearsal dinner and to and from the wedding. The price was extremely reasonable. This was our first visit to Estes Park to stay. My wife and I intend to go back for a vacation of our own. We will definitely stay at the Misty Mountain Lodge.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

I don't have much else to contribute to this review that most other reviews don't cover. I was OVERJOYED with our stay here. We stayed in room 19. It was great - even has a fireplace. You can buy the logs right on site and it's totally worth it. Having a fire in your own room after a day out in the cool weather was perfect. The location - you can't be in a better place. You are a 2 minute walk to the center of downtown. The owners are fantastic - they really care about their guests. Feels like visiting with family. When I go back to Estes Park, I won't even look at another place to stay - I'm staying here and will recommend them to others.

Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

We took a family vacation. We needed rooms that were close to each other. We were looking for a kid friendly spot & Found it! We had a blast! The grand kids loved the place & we had a nice room, they had a 1 bedroom and plenty of room on the couch & Murphy bed for the kids. After a day of hiking, dinner within walking distance, we all looked forward to the nightly s'mores roasted for us and the conversation around the fire. Ellen & Peter are friendly and very receptive to special requests we made. We would definitely recommend this reasonably priced hotel! We'll be back!

Room Tip: We had room 12, our son & his family were in room 7 - same building as the office. Great for kid...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

We loved our stay at Misty Mountain Lodge! It was very close to downtown and the riverwalk area. The owners are very friendly and really go out of their way to accomodate their guests. We were in Suite 6, which was perfect for us and our baby. It was private and cozy and everything was very clean. And of course, the s'mores were to die for. We can't wait to plan our next stay!

Room Tip: Suite 6 is quiet and cozy.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thornton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

I am a Colorado Native and every year we go to the Highlands Festival in Estes Park. A few years ago, the place we had stayed in previous years was sold and the prices skyrocketed! So 3 years ago I did extensive research on places to stay that were within walking distance from downtown Estes and also had a reasonable price. I couldn't be happier that I found Misty Mountain Lodge! The owners are a husband and wife that are just about the sweetest peoplel you will ever meet! Totally down to earth, visit with the guests and accomodate any needs the guests may have. The whole family works their butts off for this place. Not only do the husband and wife take excellent care of the guests, but you also see the children doing chores to keep the property looking gorgeous. The property is very kid friendly but also great for adults. There is a fire pit in the middle with enough outside furniture for all guests. There are 3 or 4 brand new grills I noticed this year for the guests to use which is great. They are better than my grill at home! lol They have numerous activities for your in room enjoyment. If you want to play board games, they have a ton! If you want to play cards, they open a brand new pack and hand them over (yes, you have to give them back.lol) If you feel like watching a movie, they have DVD's to browse through and take to your room as well. I could go on and on about why I love this place but it all comes down to 3 things. The perfect location (2 blocks from downtown, property is against the mountain, beautiful in the morning), the price is MORE than reasonable and last, you almost feel like extended family when talking with the property owners! I will be returning year after year whenever I feel like getting away from the city and being surrounded by wonderful people and our gorgeous mountains :o)

Room Tip: I would suggest room # 4 or 5. They are larger, have a full kitchen (everything provided such as pl...
Yukon, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

We got a great rate for visiting during the week. Ellen and her husband were great hosts and after a long day hiking and a wonderful dinner in town, we came back to Mistry Mtn to find S'mores by the campfire! That made my day. All the fun of camping but without the hassle. I agree with an earlier post, don't go there for fancy amenities but if you want to be comfortable and relax and enjoy visiting others, this place is just fine. I did have to hunt for a power strip to plug in my camera batteries but no big deal. The bathrooms are tight so I got ready using the mirror in the kitchenette area but again, not a deal breaker. We ended up staying two nights and would go back. We used the hot tub up on the deck with a view of the mountains and it was wonderful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Misty Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!