“Grandparent's weekend in Estes Park!” 4 of 5 stars

You added Misty Mountain Lodge to your Saves list
Misty Mountain Lodge
2.5 of 5 Lodge   |   232 E Riverside Drive, Estes Park, CO 80517   |
Denver
“Grandparent's weekend in Estes Park!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

We took a family vacation. We needed rooms that were close to each other. We were looking for a kid friendly spot & Found it! We had a blast! The grand kids loved the place & we had a nice room, they had a 1 bedroom and plenty of room on the couch & Murphy bed for the kids. After a day of hiking, dinner within walking distance, we all looked forward to the nightly s'mores roasted for us and the conversation around the fire. Ellen & Peter are friendly and very receptive to special requests we made. We would definitely recommend this reasonably priced hotel! We'll be back!

Room Tip: We had room 12, our son & his family were in room 7 - same building as the office. Great for kid...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

We loved our stay at Misty Mountain Lodge! It was very close to downtown and the riverwalk area. The owners are very friendly and really go out of their way to accomodate their guests. We were in Suite 6, which was perfect for us and our baby. It was private and cozy and everything was very clean. And of course, the s'mores were to die for. We can't wait to plan our next stay!

Room Tip: Suite 6 is quiet and cozy.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thornton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

I am a Colorado Native and every year we go to the Highlands Festival in Estes Park. A few years ago, the place we had stayed in previous years was sold and the prices skyrocketed! So 3 years ago I did extensive research on places to stay that were within walking distance from downtown Estes and also had a reasonable price. I couldn't be happier that I found Misty Mountain Lodge! The owners are a husband and wife that are just about the sweetest peoplel you will ever meet! Totally down to earth, visit with the guests and accomodate any needs the guests may have. The whole family works their butts off for this place. Not only do the husband and wife take excellent care of the guests, but you also see the children doing chores to keep the property looking gorgeous. The property is very kid friendly but also great for adults. There is a fire pit in the middle with enough outside furniture for all guests. There are 3 or 4 brand new grills I noticed this year for the guests to use which is great. They are better than my grill at home! lol They have numerous activities for your in room enjoyment. If you want to play board games, they have a ton! If you want to play cards, they open a brand new pack and hand them over (yes, you have to give them back.lol) If you feel like watching a movie, they have DVD's to browse through and take to your room as well. I could go on and on about why I love this place but it all comes down to 3 things. The perfect location (2 blocks from downtown, property is against the mountain, beautiful in the morning), the price is MORE than reasonable and last, you almost feel like extended family when talking with the property owners! I will be returning year after year whenever I feel like getting away from the city and being surrounded by wonderful people and our gorgeous mountains :o)

Room Tip: I would suggest room # 4 or 5. They are larger, have a full kitchen (everything provided such as pl...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Yukon, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

We got a great rate for visiting during the week. Ellen and her husband were great hosts and after a long day hiking and a wonderful dinner in town, we came back to Mistry Mtn to find S'mores by the campfire! That made my day. All the fun of camping but without the hassle. I agree with an earlier post, don't go there for fancy amenities but if you want to be comfortable and relax and enjoy visiting others, this place is just fine. I did have to hunt for a power strip to plug in my camera batteries but no big deal. The bathrooms are tight so I got ready using the mirror in the kitchenette area but again, not a deal breaker. We ended up staying two nights and would go back. We used the hot tub up on the deck with a view of the mountains and it was wonderful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Golden, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

I had a terrible time securing room at our wedding venue (Crags Lodge). The Misty Mt. Lodge is located nearby and a group of my friends had a pleasant experience reserving a cabin with the Misty Mountain Lodge. So, I started to refer everyone that I could to stay at the MML!
With all of my good friends staying there, I spent one of the days after the wedding at the MML. It couldn't have been nicer.
The owner, Pete, is very welcoming and an all around nice guy! The hot tub is nice & difficult to leave. The lawn is lovely, complete with lawn games. There is a lot of seating and a FIRE PIT! Pete even made us a fire and cooked so'mores for everyone!
All in all our group booked 7 rooms/cabins and everyone had a great time! Thank you Misty Mountain Lodge!

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Fort Morgan, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

We had a wonderful long weekend at the Misty Mountain Lodge! We will be back and highly recommend it to friends and family. The lodge is well kept, very close to downtown and just a great family oriented lodge. The room was just what it was supposed to be, clean and well taken care of. The grounds were filled with activities from hot tubbing, yard games, secluded little spots to sit and visit and we just LOVED the smores around the fire at night. The owners were friendly, and helpful and I could tell that they love what they do! What a treat. We will be back...

Room Tip: read the website info-- it tells all you need.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Green Bay, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

We just returned from our first trip to the Rocky Mountains, and Misty Mountain Lodge was "just what the doctor ordered!" We stayed in room 12 in the main lodge. The bathroom is a bit cramped and there is no air conditioning; however, we really enjoyed the kitchen area. The lodge has a "family feel" which we enjoyed. If you are into fancy amenities, this will not be the place for you. However, if you enjoy getting away from "cookie cutter" hotels, you will most likely love your stay.

Room Tip: Small bathroom, but great kitchen area.
Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Misty Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!