“Perfect wedding reception!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Twin Owls Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 119 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rt 34 Bypass
Description: The Twin Owls Steakhouse offers quintessential mountain abiance in a 1920's log cabin along with an excellent array of steaks, seafood, house specialties and fine wines.
Norwich
“Perfect wedding reception!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

We were married at The Black Canyon Inn in June 2009 and had our reception at The Twin Owls Steakhouse and cannot say enough good things about it. Kristen (I think) was on hand when we were setting up and the following day for taking the decs down and was so kind and friendly. They were fine about us dropping by to put our decs up and to take delivery of the cake. After we put our decs up we didn't go back again until we'd finished with the photographer after the wedding and somebody had clearly taken a lot of time to set up the tables, taking into account our favours and flowers/candles etc, it looked beautiful.
The food was amazing and our server was incredibly friendly and always on hand when needed but without lurking in the corner or rushing us. We were in The Loft and it was perfect for the size of our group (17) as it allowed us plenty of space to move around and chat to everyone. Plus having the general background noise of the restaurant downstairs helped create a nice, warm atmosphere. We had plenty of space for the cake/presents/cards/flowers etc and there was no problem about putting up lanterns and lighting candles.
Not one of our group had a bad word to say about our reception and we had all age groups and walks of life represented!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

sarasota, FL
“wonderful atmosphere with average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

Four of us arrived at the Twin Owls for dinner without reservations (on July 5 )and opted for a booth in the lounge. Service was very good as was the atmosphere.
The food was just average. I ordered the duck with a baked potato and the french onion soup. The potato was undercooked and the sauce for the duck was not special.
One of the group ordered the elk, which was one of the specials of the evening. He rated it OK.
One person ordered the BBQ ribs and didn't bother to finish them.
The ruby red trout was also rated OK.
Perhaps the steaks are the entrees to order.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Omaha
“Good food, good atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

We were in Estes before the traditional high season started. So, we could not get into many of the restaurants that we wanted to, due to them not even being open. Twin Owls was recommended by one of the local wineries. We were pleased with our meal. We ordered the appetizer sampler. Besides taking FOREVER to receive, it was fabulous. Very tasty. Not into the elk. My husband and I each had the steak and lobster meal. It also was great. I grew up on a cattle ranch, so, I know good beef. This beef was just okay. The menu said that it was grass fed, which creates a different texture in the beef. It was good, not great; but was improved by the sauce on it. The lobster also was good. It was a very rustic restaurant. I think it used to be a house. We enjoyed our visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Wonderful experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2009

My boyfriend and I celebrated our birthdays together by taking a trip to Estes Park this past weekend. We loved every minute we were there, including the meal we had at Twin Owls on Saturday night. We'd been very thrifty (that's a nicer way to put it than saying we were cheap) the entire trip, so we decided to splurge on a nice dinner out. The woman at the visitor's center recommended Twin Owls for the great food and rustic ambiance...and we were not disappointed. We'd made reservations because the guide I had recommended it. However, they must have just meant for during the high season, because we were one of only about five couples in the place. We were sat right in front of the fireplace. I don't think I've ever had a more romantic meal. The service was wonderful and out waitress (Olga, maybe) was very friendly and attentive. My boyrfriend had the NY strip and was very pleased, though I enjoyed my spectacular prime rib more. I think it's safe to say that it may have been one of the best steaks I've ever eaten. The side dishes were good, though nothing outstanding. It was a little pricey for me, but it was a special occassion, so we went with it. I would recommend this to anyone willing to splurge for a nice, romantic yet casual (we were in jeans, after all) night out.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Nice mountain atmosphere, but just average food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2008

We were really hoping to love this place. We enjoyed the atmosphere and received friendly service. The place is warm and inviting, with a great, cozy fireplace. We went the night after Christmas and it was decorated so festive. However, none of our meals were great, just average (it took forever too). But we decided that was okay, we still really enjoyed ourselves because of the ambiance. I think you just need to keep in mind that you arent going to get a Palm quality meal here. We would go again however.