“Fantastic food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Twin Owls Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 119 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rt 34 Bypass
Description: The Twin Owls Steakhouse offers quintessential mountain abiance in a 1920's log cabin along with an excellent array of steaks, seafood, house specialties and fine wines.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Our innkeepers turned us on to Twin Owls. We made a reservation (highly suggest you make a reservation) for 6pm - relayed it was our 32 Anniversary. We were put up on the balcony in a secluded corner. Our waitress was top notch and had great recommendations. We started with a glass of wine and starter for two (elk tips, mushrooms, etc) very good starter. Wife had the filet w/ roasted veggies cooked medium (perfect) tasted great and veggies were perfectly cooked. I had the elk tips (rare - next time med rare would be a tad bit better but still were good) w/ Sweet potato puree. Very good also ( we couldn't finish our meals) then we shared a desert for two (brownie, cherry bread pudding & creme brûlée) Very good, brownie needed to bake a bit more but overall we loved it. Outstanding service, meal and time. Thank You.

Visited January 2014

Westminster, Colorado
“Breathtaking!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

My girlfriend and I dined at the Twin Owls during a weekend getaway. The atmosphere was cozy and romantic. The food was excellent and the wait staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The owners were friendly and made sure our experience was going well. Everyone in the restaurant had smiles on their faces,making it an inviting and pleasant atmosphere. I have eaten at several restaurants in Estes Park, as I visit often. I have to say that from here forward, I will gladly spend my money at the Twin Owls every time I visit Estes Park! When I return to Denver I will recommend this restaurant to all of my friends and family.

• Visited January 2014
Brighton, Colorado
“Nothing short of superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Upon entering this fine establishment, we were greeted with a smile. We were seated by the window, providing a gorgeous view of the property. The live guitar playing in the background and the stone fireplace made our experience that much more romantic. The service was outstanding and the food phenomenal! I would highly recommend this establishment! The owners were very friendly, professional, and took the time to offer the history and background of the building. Best place to dine in Estes Park!

• Visited January 2014
Bowling Green, Missouri
“FANTASTIC!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Had reservations at 7:00. Had to move them back to 7:30, no problem. Great start. Started with the Appetizer for Two...Delish. Cold crisp salads. Ordered the Elk medallions and Shrimp and Filet Skewers...both terrific. Couldn't finish either dish. Service was amazing and waiter was super helpful in selecting all courses of the meal.

• Visited December 2013
Clearwater, Florida
“Management dropped the ball. Food was nasty.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

First and foremost when something is sent back to the kitchen because your chef, didn't cook it correctly, and you bring it back out to the table on the same plate, your WRONG, second when you send the server back out after doing this with instructions and a flashlight because the chef "questioned" how you thought/wanted the "Prime Rib" done your not only WRONG again, you should be looking for a new job because your Owner/Manager should have let you go. Third when you send a "rare" piece of prime rib out and it comes to the table "GREY" then you have issues in the kitchen. Then when one of the Owners questions you when get ready to leave because of all this and he approaches you when ask to speak with him, with the second plate of "Grey" prime rib , which was supposed to be "RARE" and he says, did you cut into it? What part of quite possibly the worst type of Ownership and customer service can you possibly do next? NOTHING, go sell cars .... This place destroyed a Christmas Eve dinner that we drove 3 hrs to come to, being we were staying here in Estes. My better half who rarely says a word, stepped forward and also commented on seeing 2 different pieces of "GREY" prime rib brought out to our table and also when "Thadd" came to "confront" me with the second on the plate. You should be embarrassed and ashamed for your actions and those of the restaurant. That type of arrogance and customer service is deplorable. On Christmas Eve no less, "happy holidays" next year stay closed.

• Visited December 2013