“3rd Review on this same Restaurant - Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Twin Owls Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 114 restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rt 34 Bypass
Description: The Twin Owls Steakhouse offers quintessential mountain abiance in a 1920's log cabin along with an excellent array of steaks, seafood, house specialties and fine wines.
Buffalo Grove, IL
“3rd Review on this same Restaurant - Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is one of many reviews of this restaurant just because I love it and also this time took my husband for the first time. We were seating at a table for two on the upper landing so we had a view of the entire downstairs restaurant. It was right by the stairs but we didn't mind. Our waiter really made our evening and I am blanking on his name else I would mention him. Young man from California who was our waiter. We couldn't decide on wine so he brought us a couple of samples, great customer service to make sure we were happy by offering this. Our meals were wonderful, the wine was great and we really enjoyed our entire meal. My husband is a vegetarian and was able to find enough to eat. Just had another wonderful quality meal and experience at Twin Owls. A very recommended choice if staying in Estes. The only negative comment I will make is the woman whom I called to make a change in our reservation to a later time due to us taking a ghost tour at the Stanley. She was very short and actually a bit rude. This is not typical of the staff at Twin Owls so I will just pass it as a bad moment. Otherwise, excellence all around!

80% Recommend
San Diego, CA
“Nicest place for dinner in the city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

It's not cheap but the food is very good, comprehensive menu and wine list. Service was good, the meal was very enjoyable...a nice treat while vacationing in Estes Park.

Visited August 2013
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
“Good but not excellent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We have been to Estes Park the last couple of years and love trying new places to eat. The restaurant itself is very interesting a large log cabin house converted to a first class restaurant. The service was good but I expected a little more energy from the staff. I ordered the filet with bleu cheese and béarnaise sauce, luckily I had it on the side. The steak was excellent but the sauce was thick and very strong with tarragon. My husband had the ribeye that he said was good although it was smothered in onions and he removed part of them. This is an upper class restaurant and I didn't feel I had that kind of service or food.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lugano, Switzerland
“Great choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Excellent under every perspective. The setting, the food and the staff, all contributed to one great dinner. I had a prime rib and my wife had elk medallions. Wine was good (Zinfandel) and the wine list looked very interesting, though I am not an expert. My son had the chicken fingers from the kid’s menu and he asked for a second run. Everything is pricey in Estes Park, so there is no point in getting to a cheaper restaurant, which would cost you only a few bucks less but will get you a far worse dinner.

Fruita, Colorado
“Your missing out if you skip this one..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

R U kidding me! Bring your best manners and expect to be treated the same. Twin Owl's staff is patient, polite and delightful. The menu is as delightful as its depth. The food is exquisite and trust the staff for the wine pairings. The experience is relaxing and romantic when enjoyed from the smaller bar dining room up against a southern window. Not only is Estes Park a wonderful experience, this restaurant expands the pleasure long into the evening!!