“"The Tree House"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Loveland Heights Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Loveland Heights Cottages
You added Loveland Heights Cottages to your Saves list
2542 Big Thompson Canyon, Estes Park, CO 80517   |
Broomfield, Colorado
“"The Tree House"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed at the Loveland Heights cottages West, and were very satisfied with our stay. We would have liked to stay at the main cabins, but they were completely booked. The owers were extreemly nice and very accomodating. I am 8 months pregnant, and asked for extra pillows for comfort, and they were given to me immediately. The house is close to the river so my husband was able to wake up and walk right outside our door to fly fish...The road is pretty close to the house, so the noise during the day was a little annoying - but it really quited down at night, and we had no trouble hearing the river through our windows while we slept - we really did not hear any cars at night...we loved that part - very relaxing. The other two "cabins - the bear cave and A-Frame" were pretty close by too - which we did not expect, but turned out pretty good overall since the folks staying in those cabins were very friendly. The home is furnished nicely and is very clean. I included a couple of photo's of the beautiful river which is directly outside of the house.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
lovelandheights, Owner at Loveland Heights Cottages, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank You for choosing Loveland Heights West for your stay. You are a great couple and good luck with that baby.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Pros: Close to Estes, on the river, basics provided, owners are nice
Cons: Dirty kitchen walls, cob webs and lots of bugs in corners, uncomfortable beds, no screens on front windows or doors, deck needs refinished, thin insufficient drapes, some kitchen ware could be updated, tiny counter space, highway noise in front bedroom, no door on one bedroom

Overall we enjoyed our stay. We are not people who expect luxury in a cottage or cabin but we were disappointed in cabin 16 given the excellent ratings of LHC as a whole.

General consensus was that it was simply a step above an RV and tent.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
lovelandheights, Owner at Loveland Heights Cottages, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
I would like to address your pros and cons.
Pros:
First of all I am glad you had a good time, that is what we are here for.

Cons:
I personally clean all the kitchens, the walls were and are not dirty. When you rent cabins out every day for 4 months, they get stains from cooking, especially that one because the stove in right against the wall. I wipe them down every day and address the stains in the fall when we close for the year.

Tiny Counter space: You are right it is a small counter, Since there is no room to increase it there is not much I can do.

Update kitchen utensils: You did not mention the fact that this cabin has all matching dishes, silverware and beautiful stainless steel pans.

Cob webs in the corners: You also forgot to mention that these cob webs that you saw were OUTSIDE the cabin and not in it. I went down to 16 the minute I read your review and looked at all of your cons and there was not a cobweb in the cabin.

Decks: All of these decks were built in 2009 and 2010. I have had them restained EVERY year since, they do them in Oct to protect them in the winter. This Oct 1st thru the 10th they will all be redone again. They take a lot of wear being right on the river. We do keep up with it. We are going to try painting them this year instead of stain.

Thin drapes: These are not drapes, they are curtains to match the bedspreads.

screens: When I had the cottages painted last year, the painters ruined a lot of the screens. I have been trying to find someone to build new ones as these are all different sizes and you can not just go and buy them at your local Home Depot. All of the screens in all the cabins have to be custom made and each cabin is different. A very tall order and we are working on it
Road Noise. No one ever compains about road noise, because it is almost non exhistant yes, we are on the Big Thompson Canyon Road. If we were not you would not be staying on the Big Thompson River. In the old days when they built a road it followed the river. We are grateful for that because if there were (heaven forbid) a disaster like a forest fire we have several different routes to get our people to safety. We are not up in the backwoods with no outlets.

Bedroom Door: There is no way to put a door on that bedroom, two of the bedrooms have doors but the way that bedroom is built the door would either hit up againt the bed or the bathroom door.

Uncomfortable beds: This one bothered me the most. I spent $30,000.00 on beds, bed frames and bedding last year. EVERYONE that has slept on them has remarked how comfortable the beds are or how great they slept.

To sum up your review:
My 3 children (all in their 50's) and myself proudly manage, maintain, and clean Loveland Heights Cottages. We are very proud of these cabins and work 7 days a week 8 months a year (without a day off) to make them the best vacation experience that we can possibly give our guests. I have owned them for 32 years and they are not just a business to me they are a part of our family.
Andover, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We loved these charming cabins with the decks over the river. Beautiful view from the deck and relaxing sounds of the river made you want to sit down put up your feet and drink it all in! The very short drive to Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park make these cottages so convenient to all the activities and sights of Estes Park. The cottages were clean. The owners friendly and accommodating. The cost was reasonable. We didn't want to leave and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
lovelandheights, Owner at Loveland Heights Cottages, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
I have the same problem you have. I have owned Loveland Heights for 32 years and I do not want to leave either. I am Happy to be right here on the Beautiful Big Thompson River, enjoying
the peaceful sound as it flows by. How Lucky am I?
Lavalette, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Just spent a week here. Only 4 miles from Estes Park and Rocky Mountains. Beautiful view of big thompson river. Staff excellent. Very cozy and qiite nice. Clean. KitchenWould stay here again.
Bathroom could use a heater.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank You so much. I am really Happy when people come here and like it as much as we do.
It is a special place and we love it when people come and enjoy it.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I love the Big Thompson canyon and I love these cabins. My family stayed here last week and it was the perfect location. Only a five minute drive to Estes Park and RMNP. Very clean and the service from the owners was great. I would, and will, stay here again! Great value, too!

• Stayed August 2012
lovelandheights, Owner at Loveland Heights Cottages, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank You so much. I really appreciate your taking the time to let people know you enjoyed your stay with us.
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed from Sunday 8-19 to Tuesday 8-21, Cabin 2 , it was great,clean,right on the river,beautiful deck, Rustic but modern conveniences, Would go back again and recommend to family and friends. My husband and I just wanted a quiet weekend and that is what we got. Low noise, close to town but not too close. The family who run these cabins take extra care of them and their guest.

Room Tip: any of the cabins with a deck.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your review, it IS quiet with the parking lot and the large lawn area in the front and the river out the back of the cabins, I really appreciate you bringing this up. I have been enjoying it for a long time and love it when my customers do also.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I did alot of looking before making a reservation here. We loved it. Everything you needed was there except your food. We fell in love with the owner also. She was very helpful and friendly. She loaned us board games that we played once we came back from our day. The river is in your backyard and it is great fun if you're brave enough to venture into the cold water. There are alot of places to stay at in Estes Park but very few offer you the privacy you get here not to mention your own river to play in. For sure the absolute worst thing about it was when it was time to leave and say good-bye.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
lovelandheights, Owner at Loveland Heights Cottages, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
WOW, Thank You. Everytime I walk out to show a cabin I realize how lucky I am to own, live and work at Loveland Heights Cottages. I have found my HEAVEN ON EARTH and I never for a minute forget it. The cabins are fun to decorate and take care of, the lawns are beautiful, the trees are magnificent and the River is to die for. What else could anyone want.

Been to Loveland Heights Cottages? Share your experiences!