“Point of view from a single mom vacationing at WRR” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wind River Christian Family Dude Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Wind River Christian Family Dude Ranch
You added Wind River Christian Family Dude Ranch to your Saves list
5770 South St. Vrain, Estes Park, CO 80517   |
Denver, Colorado
“Point of view from a single mom vacationing at WRR”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

As a single mom, WRR provided a restful and rejuvenating vaction for me and an unforgettable adventure for my 11 year old son. I was welcomed, included and never alienated because I was there without a spouse. Having a break from cooking for a week also proved to be a real joy for me!

My son is a typical city kid that is growing up with a constant wariness about his surroundings. At WRR, he had the freedom and autonomy he craves to explore, run, and experience independence and freedom that he doesn't have at home. He lived the live of Huckleberry Finn for a week and could not have been happier.

The staff was outstanding and took the time to listen and engage with the guests in a manner that is unusual in today's lifestyles. This was immensely encouraging to me. Thank you for an restful and regenerating vacation WRR!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Vancouver, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Our family of five just returned from Wind River Ranch. We were invited by family members that have vacationed here for years. We were a little apprehensive at first, our "children" are 18, 21 & 25 years old, we concerned that there wouldn't be enough for them to do. We immediately realized that the daily horse back rides into the beautiful Rocky Mountains, hikes, pool, zip line and bible studies, were more than enough to keep us all busy. The setting couldn't be more beautiful, and our cabin was comfortable and gorgeous. The food was amazing and the staff was friendly and fun to be around. I beleive that our week at WWR helped us all to grow closer to God, and each other.

Room Tip: Our cabin was "Wild Flower" - 3 bedrooms, perfect for a family of 5 or 6
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I had no idea what I was in for before getting there and was extremely pleased. I haven't had such peaceful and sound sleep in years. Our family of 6 met up with the rest our family there for a week. Our children ages 2-12 loved every minute of their time there and my husband and I can't wait to get back. From the wonderful staff, to the accomodations, food and activities WR Ranch is definitely the place for a family vacation!

tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Our family could never imagine a summer without a stay at Wind River. Combining breathtaking beauty, loving hospitality, endless fun and life-changing experiences, this blessed piece of land will always be our favorite place in the world. Do not miss out.

• Stayed July 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I have four kids ages 6-18 and this is our third year coming. Our kids dont ask if we can come back but when so they can tell all the friends they made about our return. Trail rides, fly fishing, swimming, golf, and lots of naps make this th best ranch for the whole family. My second year all i did was read, lay cards and fish in between catered meals and checking on the kids. My 9 year old boy takes off at 7 am each morning and I see him at the meals but other than that he is zip lining, swimming, playing pool and foosball and lots of outdoor activities !

you need to try this out. Dont forget the best steak night I have ever had. Fresh off the grill and seconds and thirds are encouraged!

Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We had a terrific vacation and would highly recommend it to others. The setting is beautiful and in addition to great horseback riding there are so many other fun activities for all members of the family. The people at Wind River Ranch are terrific! We arrived as strangers and soon felt like we were part of the family of staff and other guests. The best part though was the tremendous opportunity to hear what God had to say to us as the word of God and the love and grace of God were shared with us though out the week

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I just returned from my family's third year at WWR.It had been quite a few years since we have been able to make it back here, but it just keeps getting better. The scenery, atmosphere, food, and activities are all awesome, but the real attraction is the staff and the speakers. I have been to other guest ranches that were very well run, but this is someplace very special. Because they advertise themselves as a Christian ranch, I do not hesitate to tell you that every time I have gone, it has made a tremendous impact on my faith and my family's. You get to spend close personal time with the speakers who are always incredibly inspirational. You also really get to know the people who run it, from the full-time staff to the wranglers to the college-age summer staff. They are all so full of the Spirit and so full of love that your family comes away completely blessed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Wind River Christian Family Dude Ranch? Share your experiences!