“Cute Cottages Convenient to Everything Estes Park” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Colorado Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Colorado Cottages
Save Saved
You added Colorado Cottages to your Saves list
1241 High Drive, Estes Park, CO 80517   |
Dallas, Texas
“Cute Cottages Convenient to Everything Estes Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We had such a nice time staying at the Bluebird cottage at Colorado Cottages. The cottages were adorable and well-appointed. The location is easy to find, with several restaurants in walking distance. The new owners are delightful and very helpful. They've kept evening s'mores time, so plan on that for dessert. We loved grilling our dinner one evening and having a glass of wine while looking at the mountains just outside our cottage. We'd love to stay there again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Center Point, IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

The story begins with a frosty site one morning after a terrible night's sleep in Rocky Mountain National Park. It turns out that our 20-year-old sleeping bags just didn't live up to their 10 degree rating. Argh!

So, our planned camping trip became a retreat to the Colorado Cottages in Estes Park where we could enjoy quiet, warmth, and a very comfortable mattress. Yea!

The boys and I made the most of our planned camping experience by cooking our meals in Rocky Mountain National park before escaping to the cottages. I was a bit concerned that finding a place around 10 PM might have been a challenge. Some of the places recommended by the park staff had already filled up. But, there was a welcome sign still glowing in the night from Colorado Cottages.

I found the owners in the back at a campfire with several of their guests. They were just finishing up a session of making smore's (don't ask if you don't know), and swapping stories. I was intrigued that the owners were comfortable mingling with the guests and making an effort to welcome them.

Carolyn (one of the owners) greeted me and very quickly offered me a chance to see the cottage to help me make a decision on staying. I think she may be used to visitors skepticism over non-chain choices.

The cabin was clean, cozy, and comfortable. It was pre-stocked with firewood and starter. She would have invited us to use the hot tub, but for the hour didn't want us to wake other guests.

I think the pleasantness of the cabin, and the warmth that night invigorated us a bit. We stayed up until 2 AM playing board games then slept in a bit late before heading back into the park for a day of exploring and hiking. We had a lot more energy for the day than the previous day, thanks to a good night's sleep.

Some of the other nice things about the cabin included several book choices in the [Longs Peak] cabin and many movie choices in the office. We didn't make use of this, as we brought plenty of entertainment.

Dharma the dog and John (Carolyn's husband) said goodbye to us and we were on our way.

We are thinking of making this an annual trip with my son and his friends. I think I'll skip the camping experience and opt for the Colorado Cabins with pleasure.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Two nights in Iris, what a view!! Host John and Carolyn were super friendly and they LOVE dogs which is why I recommend this place for a dog friendly stay. The elk and deer come right outside the window, hot tube and a fire pit with smores.
Dave and Jan
colorado Springs.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Prince Rupert, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We spent two nights in #1 Iris. This cabin has an amazing view of the mountains in the national park. They are quiet, yet close to everything you could need. Ours had a nice kitchenette that was fully stocked. It even had a kettle and electric griddle in addition to a coffee maker and complimentary coffee and tea.

John and Carolyn were friendly, helpful, fun to talk to... we can't wait to come back!

• Stayed April 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I stayed in the cottage for two nights during the Thanksgiving vacation. Several elks were hanging around by the property, which was a really surprise and a wonderful welcome gift. The cottage we booked, Indian Paintbrush, was very cozy and well-decorated. Besides photos, there were even a bow and an arrow. I loved the rocking chair and quite enjoying sitting there in front of the fireplace. By the way, we can even light the fireplace with complimentary woods. The small kitchen has everything almost, stove, oven and even a mini-microwave. Across the street, there is a grocery store; so you can do a little shopping and cook by yourself. The most most wonderful thing was a couple elks walked around the cottage in the midnight. They horns slightly knocked the house. If you do not sleep tight, you can watch them through the window wondering in the moon. Otherwise, footprints along the house would be your morning gift. Beauty of nature.

The cottage is very close to the Estes Park, about 10 minutes driving. We visited the bear lake, dream lake and emerald lake in one day. The view was really beautiful although it was winter and the lakes got frozen. I would say it was a different beauty from summer.

I didn't try the hot tub in the yard. But I saw some people were quite enjoying that. The hot steam was around and further away was the snow. It was a little tricky about the shower inside the cottage. Please consult John and Carolyn if you have any problem. The sweet couple who run this place are really nice and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Staying at the Colorado Cottages in Estes Park was a treat. Jon and Carolyn are great hosts, and actually care about your happiness. It makes such a difference when the owners are there and want to make sure you are well cared for while traveling. I stayed in Chickadee which was at the corner of the property, super quiet and super comfortable. I enjoyed a fire and a movie the last night of my month long road trip. Would definitely recommend the Colorado Cottages.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

This is my fourth year staying here. I have stayed at other locations but I keep coming back here. John and Carolyn are amazing. They go way above and beyond what any other hotel would do. The cottages are so cozy and comfortable. I love that they are dog friendly.

• Stayed November 2013

Been to Colorado Cottages? Share your experiences!