“You get what you pay for!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #25 of 28 Hotels in Estes Park
Loveland, Colorado
“You get what you pay for!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Found this room on Expedia so they charged my credit card. Got to town and couldn't find the hotel because we booked at the Econo Lodge. Couldn't see street numbers on building. I called to see where they were located. They became Econo Lodge 2 weeks but have never put up the new sign that is sitting in front of the hotel. The hotel does not work with Expedia so they charged my card again (at least it was less cost) I then had to call Expedia for them to work out the problem and credit back my card. The room was standard. My husband had to fix the running toilet, the ice machine did not work so had to go to the lobby and use their desk top. 2nd night there was not ice. Bathroom is very outdated - but plenty of hot water. When I first sat on the mattress I thought "wow - a nice soft bed" but later found out it was just worn out. Outside is dirty and needs lots of cleaning. I would not stay here again unless on a VERY strick budget.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Worst hotel to stay at in Estes Park, hands down. This place should be condemned! We booked the two room "suite". When we opened the door it smelled as though something had died in there. My dad walked to the back room only to find an inch of watch on the ground. He complained to the front desk so they moved us to another room. This was also a "suite". It was so dirty if my son was with me we would have slept in the car. Holes in the wall, gum stuck in the carpet, unsafe plugs, one light bulb working in the vanity I mean this place was a dive! Complained again but there were no other "suites" so we settled for a room with 2 queens and a roll-away. This room was tolerable or at least that was my mantra for the weekend. We asked for a discount as we were now down graded from the "suite" to only receive $40 off our bill. Water runs hot and cold and there were only two working power outlets in the room. You could not pay me to stay here again.

Room Tip: No room in this place would be suitable for staying in. Please stay away!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

They are no longer a super 8 first off. They lost the title due to conditions. Rooms are filthy, sheets are stained and unwashed, holes in walls, safety latch on door fell off, ceiling fan does not work, water temperature fluxuates randomly, poorly lit outside and trip hazards on dark walkways, and metal frame with sharp edges sticking out of sides of bed that I cut my ankle on....cannot be more pissed off. Please stay away from this place.

• Stayed September 2013
Morganton, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The rooms were nasty and old. We are not extremely picky travelers, but I would not stay here again. My brother came out of the bathroom after taking a shower and said he had a nice "knee wash" because water shot out of the top of the spigot! We didn't even dare eat breakfast there after my husband saw rat droppings in the main lobby. We were also double billed! Do not stay here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Roanoke, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

If I had known this was the old Super 8 I would not had booked this motel. The outside looks good, the beds were clean but that is all the good I can say for this place. There was uncovered electrical outlets, and shower was hot one minute and cold the next,. What hot tub the one by the pool that I would not use because of the way it looked. All I have to say is this place is not good enough for my worse nightmare. Do not stay here.

• Stayed August 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I myself, didn't have a reservation at this dump..But my parents did, for the 4th of July. The owner called my parents demanding more money to save the two rooms, that they had reserved for the night. So we had to put the payment on my debt card, so that they would have a place to stay. Well my parents didn't make it to the hotel. Their car broke down, so they called to see what they needed to do. And the guy that answered the phone hung up on my dad. So, now I'm out of $200 that the hotel will not return..

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Highland, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have never written a review. Generally my husband and I are satisfied with even the modest accommodations. We chose Estes Village Inn as a base to begin our tent camping through the Rockies and beyond. We stayed 2 nights, 6/20 & 6/21 It couldn't be worse than sleeping in the woods, right?...
Forget about the filth and the garbage strewn all over the grounds. I promise if you stay here, your reservations will be screwed up and you will be double billed. When we checked in, the unhygienic, barefoot, lady behind the counter was on the phone trying to solve a double-billing issue with a previous guest. That should have been a red flag. The following day after exploring RMNP we returned to our room only to have our key not work and the window WIDE OPEN. We went to the desk to be confronted by a clueless man who was on the phone with a guest trying to solve a billing dispute. The worker handled it rudely and hung up on the guest. We just wanted to get into our room and see if anything was missing, but he tried to convince us we only had reserved one night. ALL OUR STUFF WAS STILL IN THE ROOM!! (We hoped) He argued and fumbled through slips of hand-written notes to prove his case. So unorganized and unprofessional. I showed him proof of my reservations on my Iphone and how much I was charged. Finally he gave us a functioning key and we ran back to our room. Fortunately nothing was removed, but the open window was unsettling. We couldn't wait to leave this place. Upon returning home today, I am not surprised to see THEY BILLED US TWICE!! UNBELIEVABLE!! I dread calling them tomorrow morning. This is the MOST POOELY RUN OPERATION I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED IN ALL MY TRAVELS. I should have believed the poor reviews and saved myself the headache.

Room Tip: Anywhere but here.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple