“Pigsty!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 30 Hotels in Estes Park
Rush City, Minnesota
“Pigsty!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Do not even waste your time stopping at this hotel. We should have known something was not right when we pulled in and there were only 2 cars in the parking lot. Just so you know, there were two people working.... We got our room and once we entered it was visibly dirty. Even my husband was disgusted. The beds had dirt on them, the carpet reeked of "old" odors and the bathroom mirror had not been wiped clean, as you could see the streaks of a hand print. The heater was stuck in the "on" position......in the middle of July! Needless to say, we went back to cancel our reservations at the front desk and the male had to get his wife (the owner) to help him cancel our reservation. She was very rude and lied to us, saying that our reservations had to be cancelled within 48 hours and it was Booking.com's issue, not hers. We called Booking.com and they said they are a 3rd party and have nothing to do with transactions and cancellation policies.

We couldn't drive away fast enough. Ended up at Murphy's Resort down the road and they bent over backwards for us after we explained our horrendous experience at the Budget Host. They gave us a gorgeous suite for almost half price! Totally recommend Murphy's!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
south yorkshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Very basic room and overpriced for what you get. No cups to drink in but a coffee machine that has not got the coffee holder part. Noisy air con..bed was comfy and pretty quiet outside. Bring your own cups.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Think again! For over $100/night in a hotel here is what I expect. A clean room, with semi-modern amenities ie. working television with HBO as advertised, WiFi as advertised, a queen bed as stipulated per the reservation, a spotless room - to include clean sheets, towels, and a bathroom NOT covered in the pubes of a thousand previous guests, and finally a smell that wouldn't gag a maggot in the room. Sadly, I was disappointed and mistaken with my choice in this hotel reservation. Because, THAT is what I got here.

• Stayed June 2014
Loveland, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

This hotel is absolutely terrible, I would ask you to NOT stay here. The towels are dirty, there are stains and hair on them. There is dust everywhere and everything is absolutely dirty. The only microwave in here is at the main desk and the nearest laundry room is 5 miles away. The smell isn't very pleasent and i had to shower in flip flops and wipe my body with paper towels. Most of my family were so grossed out that did not take a shower. The pool DOES NOT look like in the picture and the only thing i enjoyed about this motel is the view and free wifi.

Room Tip: Just Don't Come Here
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Just trying to get a reservation was unreal. The gentleman who answered the phone was extremely rude and almost hostile. I didn't get 2 sentences into our conversation before he began to berate me and became confrontational almost immediately. I will never stay here! Don't even call them!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I checked into the Four Winds in mid-August 2013 for just a couple of nights, we thought. We enjoyed our stay so much, stayed for 17 days. New managers had just taken over the hotel a few weeks earlier and have been doing their utmost to bring the property up to speed. Admittedly, it's an older hotel in need of some maintenance but the managers are on the job daily, paying attention to the needs of us weary travelers. Our room was clean, bed was comfortable, had a fireplace in the room, location at top of hill looking down on town and up at the mountains, saw elk walking across the property - what else do you want for a good price. Restaurant next door is worth a stop. So if you're looking for a great place in Estes Park, look no further.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I would not recommend this motel to anyone...it was dirty and terribly run down. No A/C in the entire motel. There was blood on the sheets and pillow case and when it was brought to the staff's attention I was given a clean set to make my own bed! The door on the lower bathroom cabinet was off its hinges and left leaning against the cabinet with trash ( old toilet roll hanger, old bags ) left sitting behind it. There was more water coming out the base of the faucet then from the tap itself. The bathroom was dirty. We only stayed because everything else was booked ...I would not stay again. My room wasn't the only one with a problem, on check-out I noticed a list of numerous things that needed fixing in one other room. Poor management and poor service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to 1st Inn Estes Park? Share your experiences!