“READ THIS !” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels in Estes Park
Loveland, Colorado
“READ THIS !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

This hotel is absolutely terrible, I would ask you to NOT stay here. The towels are dirty, there are stains and hair on them. There is dust everywhere and everything is absolutely dirty. The only microwave in here is at the main desk and the nearest laundry room is 5 miles away. The smell isn't very pleasent and i had to shower in flip flops and wipe my body with paper towels. Most of my family were so grossed out that did not take a shower. The pool DOES NOT look like in the picture and the only thing i enjoyed about this motel is the view and free wifi.

Room Tip: Just Don't Come Here
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Just trying to get a reservation was unreal. The gentleman who answered the phone was extremely rude and almost hostile. I didn't get 2 sentences into our conversation before he began to berate me and became confrontational almost immediately. I will never stay here! Don't even call them!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I checked into the Four Winds in mid-August 2013 for just a couple of nights, we thought. We enjoyed our stay so much, stayed for 17 days. New managers had just taken over the hotel a few weeks earlier and have been doing their utmost to bring the property up to speed. Admittedly, it's an older hotel in need of some maintenance but the managers are on the job daily, paying attention to the needs of us weary travelers. Our room was clean, bed was comfortable, had a fireplace in the room, location at top of hill looking down on town and up at the mountains, saw elk walking across the property - what else do you want for a good price. Restaurant next door is worth a stop. So if you're looking for a great place in Estes Park, look no further.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I would not recommend this motel to anyone...it was dirty and terribly run down. No A/C in the entire motel. There was blood on the sheets and pillow case and when it was brought to the staff's attention I was given a clean set to make my own bed! The door on the lower bathroom cabinet was off its hinges and left leaning against the cabinet with trash ( old toilet roll hanger, old bags ) left sitting behind it. There was more water coming out the base of the faucet then from the tap itself. The bathroom was dirty. We only stayed because everything else was booked ...I would not stay again. My room wasn't the only one with a problem, on check-out I noticed a list of numerous things that needed fixing in one other room. Poor management and poor service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Villach, Austria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Nothing about this places merits half of the $100 charged. Told there was a fridge. & coffee maker in the room (when I asked about breakfast). No fridge, no coffee for the lame 1papercup maker( never seen such a poor excuse for a coffee machine before). A small fridge was delivered, eventually, with all kinds of aplogies for the challenges of undertaking a renovation. Be that as it may, innocent customers should've be extorted. What a needlessly negative experience. thin pillows, no cups for water or the phantom coffee, worn out mattress. I would not feel the need to write this if we had been charged a fair price. It almost seemed illegal.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Overland Park, KS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

If I had read these reviews I would not have booked this motel in the first place. This is the first time in years that I took a look at my room that was assigned and went back to the office and asked for another room. I asked if any of the rooms were being renovated yet and was told no. It is in great need of updating. I was glad I was only in the area 1 night.

Room Tip: If staying, ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Estes Park, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The managers of the motel have been very nice, and I appreciate their friendliness and professionalism. Even though the motel can definitely use some updating, the staff has been very nice. I was supposed to have an extended stay here, but there was new ownership since the time of my reservation, and it was no longer in the system. Brandon & Chrissy have really made me feel welcome, and I appreciate that. I think that less than stellar conditions can be overlooked when the service is great. If you are looking for an affordable night in Estes, try it here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family