“Needs OVERHAUL real bad!” 2 of 5 stars

Budget Host Four Winds Motor Lodge
1120 Big Thompson Avenue, Estes Park, CO 80517   |
Ranked #26 of 29 hotels in Estes Park
North Fort Myers
“Needs OVERHAUL real bad!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I read the reviews on this place but we decided to give it a try. Here's the issues we had:
1. No record of reservation made through Orbitz although they did give us a room.
2. Air conditioning unit does not work.
3. Bathroom-floor was actually buckled from water leaking from somewhere.
4. Turned shower on & dead bugs came out.
5. Holes in sheets.
6. Ice maker in main lobby does not work.
Our guess? Whoever owns this property is letting it deteriote & claiming a loss on their business. They are not keeping the property up. The biggest advantage to the place is location. You get free shuttle service right out front of the hotel property. It's a pity it's so poorly run & the property's neglected. I doubt we'd be back.

• Stayed July 2013

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews I was scared to stay here, but decided to give it a shot anyway. The staff was nice. The location was excellent to where all the shops were. Pets stayed free in certain rooms with a refundable $50 deposit. There was no air, but it was comfortable. Next visit to the Rockies we will stay here again. It was a good room for the price. Everything was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013
Riverside, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

we stayed in june of 2013 the hot tub closes at 8 pm no ice avail after 8 pm the coffee maker was moldy and there was NO ac and it was in the 80's we wanted a refund and had to get the police involved to do it I do not recomend staying here

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Pueblo, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The place was disgusting. Mold in the coffee pot,bugs in the bed,food on the walls. We were told we could get our money back and to get our stuff together by the management and come back to the office for our refound. As soon as we walked out of the office they locked it up. We had to call the police to get our money back. The mng. was cussing and yelling at us even with the police there. We travel alot and never have been treated like this. THIS MAN SHOULD BE FIRED !!! We still had to pay a $25 cancelation fee . I would not recomend this place to my worst enemy. We got acouple rooms at the Coyote Inn and the place was great and so was the service. Dont take the chance with the Budget Inn in Estes Park !

Room Tip: The Coyote Inn and the Columbine Inn are both decent places and affordable. The Budget Inn is the wo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Firestone, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I read all thirty reviews for the Four Winds. Most of the negative reviews seem to be people wanting a 4 to 5 star hotel for $53 a night. I was afraid to book a room but could not find anything else available for the Memorial Day weekend on short notice so I took what I could get. After checking in I was afraid to come in the room. Boy, did we have a pleasant surprise. The property is a 1950's era motor lodge type property. The front desk staff were pleasant and polite. The price was right and our room was small but clean with a good bed. Our floor and sheets were fresh and clean, the sinks were clean as was the tub. The first thing I did was pull back the covers and look for a mold monster in the tub. Other than just some age in the room we found nothing wrong. We have enjoyed our stay here and WILL BE BACK.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
NE Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My friends and I had planned our get away trip for months. We were looking for a cheap hotel. This was our 3rd night in a different city, different hotel, ALL our hotels were under $100 bucks. This one didn't even come CLOSE to the quality of the others. The room stank like cigarette smoke and aged cheese. The blankets were this sponge material that was not going to keep us warm in 20 degree Colorado weather. We asked the lady for another room, or more blankets, and she completely ignored me. We found another hotel just seconds away, for $10 more a night, and it was FANTASTIC.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Longmont, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

My friend and i were planning this trip for over a month and couldnt wait for our trip. This place had so many problems i dont know where to start... Our first impression was old but i was ok with that just needed a place to sleep for 1 night. When i called to make our reservations I was quoted the price of 59.00. Ok 59.00 wasnt thinking it was going to be the Hilton. I should have hit the door running when our total was 108.00, however my mistake i guess. Paid for the room get our key peek through the window and can see the mirror is just nasty, looks like the maids took a dirty mop to it. So that leads me to believe that if you cant clean the mirror was the rest of the cleaned at all? moving on to the bathroom if there is pink mold around the drain im not going to shower here.. By this point im really starting to freak out. Pull back the blanket, no fitted sheets and the sheets were oh so bad, gross. Have never seen anything like this in my life. By this time im over being mad, i just paid 108.00 for one night in this place. To add insult to injury nasty hair on the clean sheets? Somebody please tell me your kidding. Try to to call the front desk and she wont answer the phone, we can see her but she wont pick up. Dodge 2 sprinklers and mud to get back to the office and told her we had a problem and what our issues were. She didnt seem to worried about any of it at all. She was more than willing to give us a smaller room with a smaller bed for the same price??? Are you out of your mind?? We asked for a refund and she did do that for us but she had no intrest in even looking at the problems with the room at all. I should have known when the maids were sitting outside smoking and they looked like teenagers their clean was not the same clean as mine. So if you want to stroll back to the 60s want to stay in a dirty room and get over charged this is the place for you. I dont want to see anyone lose their job but this place needs shut down. My friend and i now call it the low Budget host.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Budget Host Four Winds Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!