“EWWWW.....” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 30 Hotels in Estes Park
Longmont, Colorado
“EWWWW.....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

My friend and i were planning this trip for over a month and couldnt wait for our trip. This place had so many problems i dont know where to start... Our first impression was old but i was ok with that just needed a place to sleep for 1 night. When i called to make our reservations I was quoted the price of 59.00. Ok 59.00 wasnt thinking it was going to be the Hilton. I should have hit the door running when our total was 108.00, however my mistake i guess. Paid for the room get our key peek through the window and can see the mirror is just nasty, looks like the maids took a dirty mop to it. So that leads me to believe that if you cant clean the mirror was the rest of the cleaned at all? moving on to the bathroom if there is pink mold around the drain im not going to shower here.. By this point im really starting to freak out. Pull back the blanket, no fitted sheets and the sheets were oh so bad, gross. Have never seen anything like this in my life. By this time im over being mad, i just paid 108.00 for one night in this place. To add insult to injury nasty hair on the clean sheets? Somebody please tell me your kidding. Try to to call the front desk and she wont answer the phone, we can see her but she wont pick up. Dodge 2 sprinklers and mud to get back to the office and told her we had a problem and what our issues were. She didnt seem to worried about any of it at all. She was more than willing to give us a smaller room with a smaller bed for the same price??? Are you out of your mind?? We asked for a refund and she did do that for us but she had no intrest in even looking at the problems with the room at all. I should have known when the maids were sitting outside smoking and they looked like teenagers their clean was not the same clean as mine. So if you want to stroll back to the 60s want to stay in a dirty room and get over charged this is the place for you. I dont want to see anyone lose their job but this place needs shut down. My friend and i now call it the low Budget host.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I almost bypassed this place because of the reviews that are listed on this website, however we decided to stop in and check out the rooms and give it a try. My belief is that some of the people on this website are looking for 5 star hotel for less than 100 bucks a night. Let's get real people... you get what you pay for!. The room is clean ,air conditioner works, the heater works, and we had no problems. The office staff was very kind to us upon our late night arrival no reservations. Yes that bed was slightly uncomfortable and the hotel wasn't anything to write home about... But again you get what you pay for! My advice would be to give this place to try. My assessment is only made on a 1 night stay but I would definitely come back.

• Stayed August 2012
CRAWFORD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Our sheets were not only dirty but STAINED! When we informed the front dest the woman replied that the cleaning staff had gone home but WE could change the sheets if we would like! When we asked for another room we were given on that had not even been cleaned from the night before! The bed was still unmade, the was trash all over and the floor was filthy. When we reported this to the front desk, we were informed that the cleaning staff and 35 rooms to clean... (So what!!!). We left and went to the Comfort Inn less than a mile up the road. Best move I ever made. They should turn the Budget Host Four Winds into a dog kennel and let the human society shut it down! How this place stays open is beyond me! Don't risk it, stay elsewhere!

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Where to begin... We open the door to the room and it was a nasty smell. While looking at the room it just looked dirty and run down. Went into the bathroom to put our stuff in there and I look at the ceiling and wow what is it mold? Sink is all cracked and looks dirty. Doesn't help to bring anything up to the individual working as she could careless about what was wrong with the rooms. Then we get woken up cause the police are called and the guy and lady are yelling at tw people involved. The lady says this is stupid we are dealing with this but thu are the ones being loud. Then they go to their rooms an continue yelling and talking about what happened with the people and the golf cart. Hello the whole hotel that was awakened by this heard everything you said about the cops and the people that moved ur golf cart. Not a nice way to be woken up at midnight with kids in a room. The kids kept finding bugs in the room. We bought bug killer and couldn't find another hotel that ha any vacancy left so we could go elsewhere. And the price for the rooms are not anywhere to where they should be to what you get!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Crown Point, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

This hotel is not worth the money. It's very expensive and old. The rooms are run down. The pictures on the internet are very deceiving. Didn't even look like the pictures at all!!! We wanted to leave the hotel as soon as we walked in. This is not a hotel, it is a very expensive poor quality motel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Omaha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

I found the rooms to be clean and the manager very friendly. It is not a Hilton but had everything that I wanted and even more.

Room Tip: Has a seperate unit for the heat and the air which helps on cool nights.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
baton rouge, la
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

This property is clean, and I am a stickler for that. That is what the manager told us when we checked in and I found it to be so. True, it is over 50 years old, but it was a safe, quiet motel on a very busy road. The manager lives there, and assured us it was safe and clean, and it was. The pool is large and he cleans it himself. We enjoyed his company and there is a computer for your use in the lobby. True, the tv is old, but worked well, the bed is not like a 4 star hotel chain, there is no hairdryer, iron or even shampoo, but I am sure he had them in the office if you needed anything. I would have enjoyed fluffier pillows and additional towels, but did not ask for anything, as was very glad we found a vacancy at a clean, safe hotel.

T

Room Tip: You can park right in front of your room!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to 1st Inn Estes Park? Share your experiences!