“EWW!! Super Bad Worst Housekeeping I Have Ever Seen!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Olympus Lodge

Olympus Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Olympus Lodge
You added Olympus Lodge to your Saves list
2365 Big Thompson Avenue, Estes Park, CO 80517   |
North Platte, Nebraska
“EWW!! Super Bad Worst Housekeeping I Have Ever Seen!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2007

First Off I found this place on this website and by several positive feedbacks raving about Olympus Lodge, I was hooked. We were able to get a "Pet Friendly" room and I was elated!
When we came into town I was shocked to find the website pictures didn't really show how the place looked. It looked run down to us. But, we decided to give it a try. I was hoping to be wowed at the room and hope was still there. All my hope went out the window when we went to our room and opened the door! We could see where other dogs had used the floor as thier bathroom. Large spots stained the span of the floor. It smelled horriable and we were even outside the door. We immediately ran for the office. I would never ever go there again or even recommend Olympus Lodge. They did re-credit our credit card, and thankfully so.

• Liked — The Refund on my card
  • Disliked — The urine stained carpet and smell of the room.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2007

Recently stayed here, unfortunately we were limited in our choices and had to take what we could find. We picked a weekend that was busy with Irish/Scottish festival, so we were stuck!

This is a very time worn lodge, the accomodations were grim and very shabby. Details like shower curtains, upholstery, a/c and heater filters need to be cleaned or replaced! I would not recommend this hotel, especially at the price we paid...$150.+ per night.

Estes Park was a delight and I will be going back for an extended visit, but will shop for a better place to stay. Hope you find this information helpful!

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2007

I'm not sure that the grumpy reviewer stayed at the same place. The Olympus Lodge is great! The people who work there are more than pleasant. The morning view of Mt. Meeker and Long's Peak is outstanding. The beds and furniture are cozy and my dog agrees too. The kitchen is well stocked with kitchen utensils making cooking meals easy. A great way to save money. There is plenty to do nearby as well as a free shuttle stop within spitting distance. If you are really ambitious, you can hike Mt. Olympus from the front door. All this for the chapest price in town. What more can you ask for? My parents are staying there when they come to town on my recommendation.

Stayed July 2007
Bracey, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2006

When I called the man said the main lodge was full but they had
a nice room in the "annex". The internet pictures are old and the
non-smoking room had previously been a smoking room, as we
discovered as soon as we turned on the air conditioner and the
room filled with odor of stale tobacco. I was told the next morning
that the room was also "pet friendly", which might explain some of my wife's breathing problems. This place is to be avoided !
I believe I was misled about the condition and quality of the
rooms.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2006

Very surprised to find motel of this caliber on outskirts of Estes Park - room was huge with recliner, very attractive bed linens, and big fluffy towels. Breakfast next morning was great, cereal, toast, rolls, waffles, etc. Had big table where we joined other guests for very enjoyable meal. View of mountains was outstanding.

• Liked — Clean linens
  • Disliked — Loved everything
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2006

The Olympus Lodge is a adequate hotel. The rooms are clean but small. They smell old when you enter them. The continental breakfast is very basic. We were disturbed by the fact they have large open boxes of cereal as part of the breakfast as opposed to the individual boxes most hotels offer. This is a decent hotel but over priced.

Stayed July 2006

Been to Olympus Lodge? Share your experiences!