“Dated but friendly staff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Estes Park

You added Rodeway Inn Estes Park to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Estes Park
1701 North Lake Avenue, Estes Park, CO 80517 (Formerly the Inn at Estes Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Estes Park
loveland
“Dated but friendly staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Went up for a quick night and some fishing. Booked the hotel directly and got a great senior rate. Lil, the front desk person was very sweet as were the other employees. Room was more like an older Motel 6. The room was clean,( I checked under the toilet seat) but needed updating. The outside could use a total make over but for the price it was nice.

Room Tip: If you want an affordable stay without all the bells and whistles this is the place. A good breakfas...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

The Owners of this Hotel and Choice Hotels should be ashamed of themselves. Steve Joyce should make a trip to here for a site visit. My guess is he would shut this place down for good. They are charging an extreme price for their rooms and this Hotel is the most disgusting place my family and I have ever stayed and it will be the last. Rodeway inn does not do Estes Park Colorado justice. The paint is peeling off the walls, the walls are paper thin, the beds and bedding are probably the original from when this hell hole opened, my Wife and I also found a feminine pad wrapper in our bed. The bathrooms are even more gross than the room itself. The over flow drain in our sink looked as if someone had thrown up and they let it dry to the sink. You can't enjoy the view of the mounains because the windows are stained so bad. Lets go to the pool/hot tub area, their were uncontrolled kids running around the pool area, in and out of the hot tub, and the most disgusting part is that you couldn't smell chlorine in the pool area. The bottom of the pool is bubbling up like their is water getting under their liner area. Breakfast, ah yeah breakfast-this was no more than waffles and hardboiled eggs. I WILL GIVE YOU A WARNING-STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL AND THE SISTER PROPERTY (COMFORT INN). If you still come here and stay do it at your own risk. CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED-----GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay away from this Hell Hole
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

In August, 2012,we had booked the meeting room and a motel room to hold a two day meeting. When we checked in, the table cloths on the tables were soiled. I had to ask twice to get them changed. We had arranged for snacks to be served in the afternoon and cake in the evening. Both along with lemonade and iced tea. For the afternoon snacks, there were no silverware or napkins provided as we had been told there would be. We had to ask for them. In the evening, the cake was not set up at the time we had asked for and again there were no silverware and napkins. We had to ask for those again. The man in charge of setting up the food was not pleasant to us.
When we checked into our room that night, we found a lot of mold on the three sides of the shower, the sink basin was dirty and the porcelain had a large area that was completely chipped off. The toilet hinges were stained with urine. The breakfast selection was not all that great. They had a peanut butter jar on the table and patrons were to just dig in and get what they wanted?! We were booked for two nights and we checked out the next morning after only one night. We would not stay there again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Northglenn, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Estes Park, Colorado is always a pleasant busy place to visit. It is only about 65 miles from Denver. Try the local Rodeway Inn across from the Lake (& in the East part of town). There one can find friendly staff, a nice cool indoor pool, hot tub, clean rooms, decent rates, and breakfast in the am with waffles. The lobby is also comfortable. Also there is plenty of parking room.
( Might get crowded in the fall when the elk appear!)

Room Tip: If one wants a large room, there is a suite that sleeps about 6 people with a kitchen!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I recently held my class reunion at the Rodeway Inn. They were very accomodating. The food was great that we selected for the banquet, the prime rib and scalloped potatoes were outstanding. The hotel gave us group rates and had a great pool area and lots of room for us to spread out. They even provided a kareoke machine for us. It was a great weekend. The views from the rooms are excellent. The rooms were very clean!

Room Tip: The king size bed rooms with the balconies are nice to sit out in the morning and view the mountains...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Homewood, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I stayed at this property in August 2012, my granddaughter (age 16) showed me a dried blood-stained pillowcase saying she had not wanted to wake us the night before to show it to us. I called the front desk and reported and asked for housekeeping. When they didn't arrive I went to the front desk and spoke to the General Manager explaining what was discovered and offering that I didn't know if the pillowcase had been washed or bedding changed and asked why it wasn't thrown away. I did not cause a scene but said this condition concerned me. He asked if I expected housekeeping to make a special visit to my room because they have a schedule. I found this response interesting at best. And, he further stated that my granddaughter's nose could have bled causing the problem. Incredibly insensitive response when an apology would have been welcomed. I did not ask to be compensated nor make any other demands. I expected a humble apology but again I did not receive it from him only arrogance. The two women at the front desk were compassionate and apologetic. I would never stay again stay at this hotel nor recommend to anyone I know.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Breckenridge, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

The only thing this place has going for it is that it shows up in search engines while looking for a place to stay in Estes Park. I REALLY wish I had gone on tripadvisor first and spent a lot more time looking. For $160 we got a so run down it is dirty room.It looks like the type of motel prostitutes would hangout in. You pull up and realize the hotel is run down then get in and think oh, no I have to stay here. Save yourself from this dirty disaster and call the Estes Park Visitor Center for help. The one nice thing is the air conditioner in the room worked really well. Did not use the pool but another guest was complaining about wanting to hot tub and that unsupervised kids were screaming and running around the pool. The guy asked the kids to calm down and instead started swearing at him. Poor guy came tot he manager for help and the manager said she couldn't do anything more than he did. Uh, why are unsupervised kids in the pool? There was a complimentary breakfast but it was pretty weak with hardboiled eggs instead of scrambled eggs. No clue how old they were. Can't go wrong with self made waffles.

Room Tip: Don't Stay here.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn Estes Park? Share your experiences!