“The best trip !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Estes Park

Save Saved
You added Rodeway Inn Estes Park to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Estes Park
1701 North Lake Avenue, Estes Park, CO 80517 (Formerly the Inn at Estes Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #23 of 30 Hotels in Estes Park
THORNOTN
“The best trip !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

My husband and I are frequent guests of this establishment and this time we came up for our anniversary in the honeymoon suite. We had a blast. Yes the hotel is older but we love it because it gives the place character and it keeps the price for the stay within everyone's budget. Another great thing about the place is the staff and the management. They truly care about your stay and you're not just another dollar sign to them. They are all great people and we have really enjoyed our friendships that have formed over the course of all of our stays. This is a perfect place to bring the family and especially the kids . The value of this hotel cant be beat and the price , staff, pool and the beyond beautiful location of Estes Park keeps us coming back time and time again. Did we mention they have a fantastic pool and breakfast is free too!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Nashville, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I was in Estes Park for 5 nights. I spent my days hiking in RMNP and so was not concerned about location. Just needed a place to sleep. I usually stay at Hampton Inn type hotels. My room seemed to be recently updated. It was clean, had new carpet, and there were no odd odors in the room. The matress was very firm, as were the pillows. Linens were clearn. There is free wireless internet, which did not work all the time. There is a free breakfast in a dated dining area. However, it is the same food every day: hard boiled eggs; bagels; toast; Raisin Bran and Cherios cereals; packaged oatmeal; OJ; milk; coffee; tea. That got old. The staff was friendly and helpful when needed. The rooms can be noisy - I could hear the people in the next room talking at what seemed to be normal levels (same goes for the bathrooms :) ). I did not see any bugs. A/C unit a bit noisy, but I did not need it much because I was able to open the door to the patio, which was nice. Nice view of the mountains.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Halifax, UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

The front desk staff did not seem to know what they were doing at check in. The room smelt musty and it was as if we had stepped back in time 20 years. The mattress was very uncomfortable and everything was dated and not very clean. Even though we had pre-paid we decided not to stay and found a better hotel. The hotel needs a complete make-over. I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Golden, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

We always stay here, the best pool around. The nicest staff ever, the kids just love this place too.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
photoJenny
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I don't have very high standards for hotels. I simply ask for cleanliness, safety and polite staff. Rodeway Inn did not meet my standards. We chose to stay here since we were moving across the country, making a stop in Estes park, and needed a pet-friendly hotel. Our room was dirty and smelly... even though the sign said non-smoking, it smelled like smoke. We saw several bugs in the room. When we asked the front desk for an extra pillow, it was as if we had made a crazy outlandish demand. We tried to rest our travel-weary bodies by taking a dip in the pool/hot tub, but the pool deck looked like it had last been swept/mopped decades ago. It was disgusting. We were happy to get back in the car after staying here for 2 nights.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Lawrence, KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I love the pool! The breakfast was great! I also love the checker game in the lobby! I love just walking around the hotel. It's big, and fun to explore!!

Room Tip: Book in advance!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Lander, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

It's been a few years since I last stayed here and I never forgot the view of Estes Lake out the balcony and the window. Made the mistake of staying somewhere else in March for quite a bit more... so came back here to take advantage of Choice Hotels spring stay promotion. The motel seems to have aged and the halls and room looked tired since that last visit (the reason for the 'average' rating), but it was still very comfortable. I got the same room as last time with that wondeful balcony/view.

The refrigerator in the room worked fine tho was about half the size of the regular fridges in motels... yet just having one, and the microwave, was a big help. As for breakfast, at the time of my stay (April 9-10) they said that they don't serve (hard boiled?) eggs until later in the season... tho did have a choice of fruit, so there was not much of a breakfast that I could take advantage of the two days I was there... but I also was sick and they made up for that with giving me some extra cold lozenges and vitamin C drink packs that they originally supplied in the room. I so appreciated the help when that allergy attack got me so badly!!!!

There is a wonderful Mexican restaurant just across the road... I ate there that last visit and it was delicious. Otherwise it is, along with MANY other motels, much further than walking distance to grocery and shopping. But all I cared about was Estes Lake, and that's across the road too... wonderful walking path, fishing, etc.

There is an old computer in the lobby for the guests to use. I would stay there again. I did NOT notice any bugs!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Rodeway Inn Estes Park? Share your experiences!