“Cozy” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 21 Estes Park B&B and Inns
Kansas City, Missouri
“Cozy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed here just one night, but it was the best night we had on this trip to Colorado. We happened onto this little place, looking for a place that would allow two 100 pound dogs. We ended up staying in one of the rooms on the river and had the whole building to ourselves, even though it was Spring Break. Fireplace in the room with one nights worth of wood provided. There was a very small kitchenette with a refrigerator, microwave, toaster, and sink. No dishes, other than coffee cups, provided. Could hear the river flowing past the room at night and the amount of stars visible was amazing. I thought the room was a bit small and a little cramped, for the price, but overall it was very clean and the owners were great! Very friendly cozy place! Would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Cabins, suites, and hotel rooms to choose from
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We have stayed here 4 or 5 times and every time we love it more. Mark and Paula are very accommodating. We always stay in one of the rooms that are right on the river. You open the sliding glass door and just hear the rushing water. The rooms are quaint and with fire places. The smell of wood burning and the sound of the rushing water is very relaxing. The inn is just a few miles from RMNP and a couple from downtown Estes Park. Perfect location! If you are looking for luxury, this is not the place, but if you are looking for relaxation and a good feeling, I highly recommend it. Oh, did I mention that each room has a private porch with a grill facing the river. Get a couple of steaks, baked potato, a bottle of wine, fireplace going and the rushing water - perfect way to end the day.

Room Tip: Rated Fitness center and swimming pool poor because frankly I don't even know if they have any...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Doniphan, Ne.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We Love staying at the Inn on Fall River. It is so nice to hear the river running right past the room. Mark and Paula are so nice and we always feel so welcome. Can't think of any other place I would rather stay. The location is just a short distance from the Rocky Mountain National Park entrance. We always enjoy going to Colorado to watch the Elk and this is so handy to zip back and forth to the Park.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I visit Estes just about every year, and this was our first trip out this last in the year (mid-October). The two places we frequently stay were already closed for the year, so we booked a room at the Inn on Fall River and couldn't have been happier. The room was smallish, but it was definitely enough space for us. The bathroom was nice (newly renovated?), and it was great to have the fridge and microwave in the room. Unfortunately, we didn't take advantage of the fireplace, but if the trip was a little longer we would have loved that feature as well. The little patio off of the room was a great place to sit and listen to the river, and we actually saw some wildlife on the grounds too (a massive male elk with 12-point antlers, as well as a group of three wild turkeys).

A few bonuses: the owner was very nice, wood is supplied in the rooms for the fireplace, the inn is only about two miles from the Fall River entrance to RMNP, you're only a short drive to downtown, and...you're in Estes Park!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The rooms on the South side of the river are 1950's type of motel room. Very small, but have nice views of the river. The lighting is poor, have to sit in bed to read. Fireplaces. Nice covered patio. The beds are very soft. The rooms on the highway side, the ones with the second floor, are newer, having been built after the big flood in the 1980's.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the road side of the river, they are newer, I was told.
Chino Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Thanks to the Inn of Fall River our trip to Estes Park was amazing! Just a few miles from the entrance of the Rocky Mountain National Park, this Inn was a great place to stay! It was a very nice queen room in an amazing setting. Sliding glass door leads right to the river. We enjoyed a fire in our fireplace at night. We couldn't ask for anything more! Simply the best, and we plan on making this Inn our choice to stay at Estes Park for years to come!

Chicago IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I (26 old male) recently took a family trip to Estes Park as I was coming from out of town and only get to see my brother (23 Old male) and sister(30 old Female) a couple times a year. Having my mother be a past visitor at The Inn on Fall River, it was recommend to us to stay here. After looking at other options first, those being booked, we decided to book at this location or two nights. I rented an apartment with two queens and placed myself and my sister on the application with the expectation of bringing up to four people as allowed. I called in advanced and confirmed check in and wanted to see if there was a way or available room that we could bring a dog, as my brother was unable to find a dog sitter. The owner stated no and we made every effort to find a dog boarding company in Estes Park which were all full for the weekend. Our thought would be to bring the dog and respecting the rules of the Inn, we at the last minute rented a tent for my brother and his dog for the night.
Upon arrival, check in was prompt and quick and the owner stated “I couldn’t help to see you brought a dog when I told you no” I explained the last minute issues we faced and explained that as soon as we get check in we will be setting up a tent at a local campground. Myself, my wife, my sister, and her boyfriend dropped our things off and were off to set up a tent. Upon leaving we made a left out of the Inn as we had no idea where we were going to find a campground only to make a U – Turn and head the proper way. Twenty minutes later we found a campground only to have it pooring rain. We then went and had dinner and hoped for the rain to stop so we could set up tent later. It rained all night so after a long day of traveling to Estes Park we figured that we would have my brother and his dog sleep in the SUV and set up tent the next morning. My brother never stepped foot in the room, nor the dog. The next morning I went out to look at the river and was greeted by the owner standing outside of my car peering in. The owner at 7:30 am walked up to me and rudely said, “ We have a big problem, you need to pack your things up and we are going to have to ask you too leave right away.” I asked why and she stated that we had two vehicle and five people staying at the Inn. I explained what happened and how it was an extremely stressful night after our long travel and we did not have any other alternative. We did not see how if we brought two vehicles or my brother slept it the car, how it affected our agreement. The owner continued to avoid my rebuttles and simply stated we had to leave. Furious, my family had to pack up that minute and check out. We were refunded $50 short due to the fact that we had “five” people in the room.
Conclusion: Service is what sets these inns apart from each other. There are several other places to stay at in the area. I do not disagree for the owner getting upset that we had a dog, for someone that has her dogs constantly in her office and walking the property I could not believe the owner to be so heartless with animals, especially because they are considered family. I could not help to feel discriminated for our age as the average people staying during our visit was 50+. We were quite, well behaved, and friendly customers. Instead of the owner booting us out for trying to make best of our situation , she could have offered an alternative or understood our circumstances. Instead she watched us like a hawk, judged us, and ruined our family vacation. The owner was so possessive and watchful that our discussion before I left she stated that she watched us turn left out of the premises and not right! We are not from around here! My stay at the inn was made horrible due to service, lack of compassion, and ultimately discrimination. I know the owner will state there are rules and we never broke any of them. We were upfront and honest and the owner did nothing to help or accommodate our situation. If you are going to be an owner of a private establishment and want it o be successful, you must go the extra mile for your business to grow and stand out. The owner does not understand this simple concept.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Inn on Fall River? Share your experiences!