“Great Value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Saddle & Surrey Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Estes Park
Saddle & Surrey Motel
Save Saved
You added Saddle & Surrey Motel to your Saves list
1341 S. St. Vrain Ave, Estes Park, CO 80517   |
Ranked #4 of 30 hotels in Estes Park
Northern Virginia
“Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in June based on the recommendations of Trip Advisor posts. Glad we did. This is a quiet motel 5 minutes from town by car. The room was immaculate (very important) and the bed was very comfortable. Towels were good quality, as was the bed linen. Refrigerator in room and A/C if you need it, along with free wifi. I'm not sure what all the raving is over breakfast; it's just muffins from the local grocery store and coffee. But they were tasty. The owners were very nice. We would stay here again if ever in the area.

232 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We initially stayed there because of price. We've come back again and again because every corner, inside and out, of this little estes park gem, is clean and sparkling. Barbara and her husband made us feel pampered. We love saddle and surrey!

• Stayed June 2013
Foristell, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed at the Saddle and Surrey for two nights earlier this month. The room was exceptionally clean, the beds very comfortable, the pillows outstanding, the linens as soft as you would ever want. The continental breakfast was outstanding with great muffins and pastries.

When we asked if she minded if we left a review,the owner was very clear in her directive to us. She said please do but make sure people know we are not luxurious or special. While I agree with the room not being luxurious ( it was all anyone could need though ), I do not agree with them not being special. The type of self deprecating service that they provide, the humility and customer attention was second to none. I will check here first on future trips to Estes (this was my 7th and we just now found them). Let me note that this was a Monday arrival and we have always stayed in cabins and condos. We attempted to do that on this trip and the first two places we checked, one had no front door and you had to walk all the way around a building to enter through a sliding door and the second was under construction unbeknownst to the manager. Through 4 more stops and 4 additional calls with no return calls, I managed to reach one person (who advised me that I had 5 minutes to get there or she would be gone) Keep in mind that this was around 6-8 pm on a Monday. At the end of the day anything else that I even had an option to stay in was at least triple the cost of Saddle and Surrey.

Love the service, the rooms and the price, will for sure be a repeat customer.

THANK YOU for showing me what I needed (and really wanted) GOODBYE pricey condos and cabins

Roger and Pam W.

Grafton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

To say the room was clean would be an understatement. The linens exceed expectations and the location is convenient to all of the area attractions. Barbara, the charming owner, is a wealth of information and is not shy about her opinions. You'll get straight answers from her. In all we could not have been happier with the quality of the room. It is not the Stanley but it isn't haunted either.

Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

The Saddle and Scurry was a great stay! It's very clean, the owners are friendly and helpful, the beds are comfortable and yes, the linens are like a much higher-priced hotel. I travel a lot and wish I could find reasonably priced, good quality lodging like this on all my trips. I'll definitely stay here again on my next trip to Estes Park.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I don't really need to say more than the title. We liked it and will definitely stay there again! The staff was good and the room size was adequate. I was originally concerned that it was independent, but my concern was unfounded.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Scarborough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Looking for somewhere to stay in Estes Park that for 5 nights I came across this Hotel right here on Tripadvisor. Thanks to previous reviewers I'm very glad I booked in here. My brother and I were in Estes, like most other people, to visit RMNP and hike some its trails. This motel is situated on the outskirts of town, maybe a 5 minute drive to the centre. There's a gas station 2 minutes away and a safeway a couple more minutes away, as well as the largest collection of tacky souvenir shops all selling the same stuff that I've ever seen. As we were staying a few nights I'd booked one of the rooms with a kitchenette. It was huge, massive even, and contained everything needed kitchen wise and comfort wise. The decor was pretty 70's but to be honest I like it! At the price I paid for the room I felt like I'd robbed the owners. The room we had was at the back of the motel looking towards the swimming pool in one direction and stunning mountains in the other. Upon checking in we were greeted warmly and even given a map of the area and told the best routes to get to and from the park itself. I know for certain that if I were ever to return, I wouldn't stay anywhere else. As an aside, the pastries served in reception at breakfast time are the biggest, freshest tastiest things I've seen!

Room Tip: Kitchenette rooms are huge and offer excellent facilities for a longer stay.