“Not a bad place” 3 of 5 stars

Lansing, Michigan, United States
28 attraction reviews
“Not a bad place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2014

There are many other things to do in Estes Park, but if you want to catch a show this isn't terrible.

Visited September 2014

Estes Park, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
“I will never recommend this place!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2014

Working in the guest services business and coming in contact with thousands of ppl in Estes Park, I will never recommend this place. We had a group of friends in town and wanted a place to watch a preseason Broncos game. We approached the lady at the window who refused to speak and kept tapping/pounding the glass window with the flyer on it about the event. We had read the flyer but had more questions. She refused to speak and was horribly rude by just tapping/pounding the glass at the flyer. I sent an email to Park Theater but never got any response. I have guests ask all the time of where to go to watch the Broncos play....Park Theater will never come across my lips.

Visited August 2014
Kansas City, Missouri
“What a Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2014

We had no idea the oldest motion picture theatre in the US was in Estes! It was so different and well, COOL, inside! We love to watch movies on the big screen, and to be able to be transported back in time with such nostalgia was a great experience. You will not find any theatre like this again, I'm sure of it! The employees there are helpful and kind. It was nice to go to the movies and not feel like a number. I could tell they wanted each guest to feel welcome and enjoy their time there.

Visited September 2014
New York City, New York
22 attraction reviews
“Park Theater - historical experience with modern technology”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I have been to Estes Park many times but had never bothered taking in a movie with so much else to do. This time around, they were showing a kids movie that my 8 yr old wanted to see, so I figured what the heck, let's try it. What an interesting experience! From the moment you walk in the door, you are treated to a very individual experience with a dose of history. There is a guest register to sign and many historical antiques/artifacts to check out in the lobby and even in the theater itself. The seats appear to be original but were comfortable enough to sit on throughout the entire film. The walls are original and look very rustic, and to help with acoustics, the owners have old oriental rugs hanging on the walls. I commented with the owner afterward on the rugs, and that I had set my expectations low for the sound....but was very surprised to find that the sound was EXCELLENT during the show. He said that although the building is original, they have upgraded the projection to digital and have 150 channels on the Dolby sound. Overall, it was a fun trip to the movies and we learned a bit about this historical, 1913 theater -- something you won't see anywhere else in the US as this is the oldest movie theater. Along with the piano at the front of the stage, we had our 3D glasses that were better than any I've ever had at AMC, Regis or Loews (you get $1 back per pair when you return them in good condition after the show). Enjoy the trip into the past AND the future!

Visited June 2014
Elwood, Nebraska
31 attraction reviews
“Not bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Not a fancy theater but the sound system was great. My lack of a fifth star was they do not discount the matinees but I suppose that is because it is a tourist town.

Visited June 2014