“Can't Believe What I Saw” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 118 Restaurants in Estes Park
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Seafood, Family Fare
Good for: Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Families with children, Doing business, Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Nestled by the Big Thompson River near the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park, The Other Side Restaurant invites you to enjoy traditional all-American cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner: choice steaks, prime rib, lobster, crab, pasta, salads and daily Chef's Specials.
Estes Park, Colorado
“Can't Believe What I Saw”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

Ordered coffee and a piece of pie. Seated next to kitchen. Watched our waitress walk into kitchen, open pie box, pick up a piece with her fingers, put it on a plate, a piece broke off, she ate it, licked her fingers, then adjusted the piece of pie on our plate, licked her fingers again. Then returned to deliver the pie. I told her that I watched her pick up the pie with her fingers and she said " but I washed my hands". (which she didn't because I happened to be watching). So of course we refused the pie. OK, this may happen all the time, but KNOWING it happened and watching it happen is just plain gross, unappealing, unsanitary, probably a health code violation, negligent, and a good reason to NEVER eat here.

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Horrible Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

I can't comment on the food because the service was so terrible we walked out. We sat at our table for 15 minutes with no water and no contact from our server. Once she arrived, she had a very in-your-face personality and was in such a rush she didn't have time to answer questions about the menu. We tried to give the restaurant a chance by ordering drinks, but after another 10 minutes of waiting we left. Looking around, very few patrons had food so leaving was probably the best option.

Denver, Colorado
“great place for brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

This olace has fantastic service and food!! We stop here every visit to Estes Park. They have never let us down.

Illinois
“Breakfast was out of this world good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

They have a varied menu, which I found refreshing. There are the old standbys but some jazzed up choices as well. I thought the price was fair, the food excellent, and the servers enjoyable. It is a very nice place with great food. This was the only place we ate at for breakfast during our stay in Estes Park, but I can't imagine it could be beat.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
“Great Trout”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

We ate here in July. My wife loved the trout, so we ate here twice when we returned in September. Service was reasonable The prices are reasonable. We will eat here again the next time we are in Estes Park.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere