“Perfect breakfast spot” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #39 of 99 Restaurants in Estes Park
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Special occasions, Doing business, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Nestled by the Big Thompson River near the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park, The Other Side Restaurant invites you to enjoy traditional all-American cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner: choice steaks, prime rib, lobster, crab, pasta, salads and daily Chef's Specials.
“Perfect breakfast spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for breakfast. The omlets, hash browns, toast and pancakes were very good. Great home cooking at a good price. Would definitely visit again.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Phillipsburg, KS
“Great food, friendly staff and reasonably priced for Estes Park!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

The food was great and the service was excellent. We had a group of eight and everyone was satisfied with their meals. They were great and reasonably priced. It's nice to enjoy your food and not feel ripped off, because its a tourist town. Great experience overall.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Great Notley, United Kingdom
“Good service and good table”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Good food choices although the chicken piccata with beans a risotto was a little too oily for us.
Wine was good as was the dessert of Crete brûlée which was an in house dessert. The other choices were from an outside source and the waiter advices we would be better off sight he on site choices.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stopped in the Other Side for breakfast because it was close to our hotel. The food was ver good and reasonably priced. Our waitress was great. Will go back again.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“If the food was as good as the service, they would be great!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

After reading other tripadvisor reviews, we were excited to try this location. When we arrived we were taken promptly to our table with a beautiful view. Our server was friendly and we were promptly greeted with drink orders taken. My father-in-law looked at ordering a pork chop dinner and asked if the kitchen could cook it medium so it was not dried out. The waiter suggested a thicker cut of pork in order to ensure this. We ordered an appetizer and salad, both of which were pretty good.

The problem was with the main course(s). I had ordered the NY strip cooked medium. This entree was priced in the mid to upper $20's so I expected it to be cooked somewhat close to medium. The steak arrived well done and dry. A manager was walking by and I asked her if she thought my steak appeared overcooked and she agreed. The manager was very friendly and wanted to make the mistake right. She took the steak back to the kitchen for a replacement. I waited for quite some time for the new steak; everyone else was almost done eating. The new steak arrived and appeared to be a rib-eye because it was half the thickness of a NY strip and appeared to be 70% fat. I was amazed that the kitchen would send out such a poor cut of meat for something they had already screwed up. Seemed to me that the kitchen was mad something was sent back; it was that bad. I asked the manager if it was in fact a NY strip and she told me that the kitchen said it was, though she seemed to agree it didn't appear to be. I cut into the steak to find it to be a big piece of fat, which I simply declined to eat (first time in my life I turned a steak away!) and because everyone else was ready to go we just asked for the check.

The manager asked if there was anything she could do. By this point the only folks that could have helped the situation was the kitchen and they did not. I told her that my father-in-law's pork chop was dry and overcooked as well. The manager was very concerned over the poor performance of the kitchen and offered a gift certificate, however we were leaving town the next morning and declined. I truly believe the manager wanted to make things right, unfortunately she had to deal with a less than acceptable kitchen staff performance.

Two of the four other meals in our party were edible, but bland according to both of them. We would not return here and left very disappointed.

• 1 of 5 stars Food