“Good breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 119 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Buffet, Dessert
Description: Nestled by the Big Thompson River near the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park, The Other Side Restaurant invites you to enjoy traditional all-American cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner: choice steaks, prime rib, lobster, crab, pasta, salads and daily Chef's Specials.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stopped in the Other Side for breakfast because it was close to our hotel. The food was ver good and reasonably priced. Our waitress was great. Will go back again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“If the food was as good as the service, they would be great!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

After reading other tripadvisor reviews, we were excited to try this location. When we arrived we were taken promptly to our table with a beautiful view. Our server was friendly and we were promptly greeted with drink orders taken. My father-in-law looked at ordering a pork chop dinner and asked if the kitchen could cook it medium so it was not dried out. The waiter suggested a thicker cut of pork in order to ensure this. We ordered an appetizer and salad, both of which were pretty good.

The problem was with the main course(s). I had ordered the NY strip cooked medium. This entree was priced in the mid to upper $20's so I expected it to be cooked somewhat close to medium. The steak arrived well done and dry. A manager was walking by and I asked her if she thought my steak appeared overcooked and she agreed. The manager was very friendly and wanted to make the mistake right. She took the steak back to the kitchen for a replacement. I waited for quite some time for the new steak; everyone else was almost done eating. The new steak arrived and appeared to be a rib-eye because it was half the thickness of a NY strip and appeared to be 70% fat. I was amazed that the kitchen would send out such a poor cut of meat for something they had already screwed up. Seemed to me that the kitchen was mad something was sent back; it was that bad. I asked the manager if it was in fact a NY strip and she told me that the kitchen said it was, though she seemed to agree it didn't appear to be. I cut into the steak to find it to be a big piece of fat, which I simply declined to eat (first time in my life I turned a steak away!) and because everyone else was ready to go we just asked for the check.

The manager asked if there was anything she could do. By this point the only folks that could have helped the situation was the kitchen and they did not. I told her that my father-in-law's pork chop was dry and overcooked as well. The manager was very concerned over the poor performance of the kitchen and offered a gift certificate, however we were leaving town the next morning and declined. I truly believe the manager wanted to make things right, unfortunately she had to deal with a less than acceptable kitchen staff performance.

Two of the four other meals in our party were edible, but bland according to both of them. We would not return here and left very disappointed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Burlington, IA
“Very good food OK service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

It seems a lot of restaurants have similar menus based on the kind of restaurant they are. I ordered chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes. It was very good and I had left covers for another meal. The service people though did not appear to speak good English and seemed to want to talk to each other more. We requested to be seated near a window but those tables were reserved and we were set away from the windows.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pueblo, Colorado
“Fantastic Sunday brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We have been here for Fathers Day brunch a number of times. It has always been an excellent selection with made to order omlettes and eggs benedict, salads and salmon, fresh fruit and pastry, hot selections including carved meats, juice, champaign and desserts. We ordered coffee and hot tea not realizing there was an extra charge. Ask to be seated by the window where you can watch the ducks in the pond and birds coming to the feeders. Waiter was quite attentive. Only problem was they kept running out of plates and some of the food selections especially the desserts.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nebraska
“Good, good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We had a very nice breakfast at The Other Side. I ordered the cherry pancake special and am so glad I did. They were very yummy. The cherry was a tart cherry so it was not overly sweet. I didn't even eat half of the meal, but I did pick out all the cherries.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere