“Outstanding Atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #60 of 97 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Doing business
Description: The Waterfront Grille, located inside The Estes Park Resort, is the only Lakefront Dining in Estes. Completely remodeled in 2013, our upscale restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner 7 days per week. Breathtaking views overlooking Lake Estes, the Continental Divide, and Long's Peak from both our dining room, and outside deck seating area.
Estes Park, Colorado
“Outstanding Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had a wonderful time. The service and food was fantastic. The views of the lake are breathtaking. Great live music. The bartenders are by far the best. This is the best place in town. I highly recommend it.

• Visited March 2013

Estes Park, Colorado
“locals seek local good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

we recently split a very tasty bbq bacon cheeseburger (the bacon was perfectly crisp), along with an excellent, and well sized, side of carmelized brussel sprouts. And the cup of roasted red pepper cream soup was outstanding! Thank you for a great local meal. Not always easy to find in Estes.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing food, Amazing view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere is very romantic. We went in the winter, so we didn't get to sit on the patio, but the view was fabulous from our seat by the window. It overlooks the lake and the mountains. The service was excellent... Thanks James K! We felt like we were valued. And the food... WOW! I got the Mac and Cheese with bacon and my husband got the ribeye. I liked them equally, and I liked it even more when I smothered the steak in my cheese sauce! To.... Die.... For!!! The Mac and cheese was made with ziti pasta I think... It held the sauce well and was decadent. You can get it with crab instead of bacon, and I think that would be good too. The steak came with veggies that were very good and potatoes of every variety... Even purple and sweet potatoes. They tasted like French fries!! And then there's dessert. We got the Roasted Apple Pecan Bread Pudding with Amaretto Cream Sauce. Best Bread Pudding I've ever had! This place made the last night of our vacation memorable.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Christopher C, General Manager at Waterfront Grille & Lounge, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Hello,
I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your dining experience with us! Our new Chef has been an excellent addition to our culinary team - and it appears you would agree that our food is indeed excellent. Thank you for being our guest, I hope the next time you find yourself in Estes, you will join us again!
cincinnati
“Very good food,slow service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We ate here twice and both times were more than satisfied with the food, but both times the service was slow. So if you have plenty of time , I would recommend (Good beer selection, also)

Visited July 2012
Christopher C, General Manager at Waterfront Grille & Lounge, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback - As we will very shortly begin our staffing efforts for summer 2013 - We will take your information to improve our ability to serve our meals more quickly - You have great timing to let us know about this shortcoming, and we will correct it immediately. I hope you will join us again the next time you are in Estes Park.
Laramie, Wyoming
“Winter festival”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband and I took a 2 day trip up to Estes for the Festival, for the Chilly cook off. Our biggest and pleaseant surprise was to see there one of our favorite restaurant manager who used to work in a restaurant where we used to have breakfast.So tasting Waterfront restaurant pork chilly, we voted for being the best one.Ilona-her name, was so excited to talk about this restaurant and the new chef ,about the atmosphere, that she convinced us to come back next morning for breakfast.We had a previous bad experience at this restaurant but she talked us in to trust her and give it a try.So next day we had breakfast here. I had a buritto, wich I asked to be served with the famous pork green chilly and my husband had the Classic with a side of green chillly.We had one of our best experience, and from now on this will be our favotite place. Overlooking lake Estes,beautiful log decor,fireplace,with such a great service in front of the house, with a wonderful cook in the back, with such a good crew who believe in this place, we encourage evrybody to give them a second chance if they had a previous bad experience. It worth it!

• Visited January 2013